ACER E5-553G, E5-523G Request for AMD-V Unlock

Klem

• Bios Modder
4 minutes ago, haimek said:

Hi, Senior Klem!

Could you please help me with enabling AMD-V options on my Acer E5-553G? I have no windows installed but I can read BIOS setup in hex from Linux...

Thanks in advance!

BIOS_SETUP_HEX.zip

Hi!

Please read the first post of this thread. This method requires Windows as a system because necessary tool works only in Windows. You can try to boot in Windows from Live CD or USB flash drive.

Hi.  I had tried to do this myself following some instructions online, and I was successful at getting Windows to report that I had enabled virtualization, but that seems to be a lie, as VirtualBox still says that I don't have it.  I'm on an Acer Aspire E5-553G.  I thought maybe you'd be more successful.  Also, there isn't an edit that will expose any advanced BIOS menu, is there?

vars.zip

Thanks!

• Bios Modder
15 minutes ago, JoeCaloric said:

Hi.  I had tried to do this myself following some instructions online, and I was successful at getting Windows to report that I had enabled virtualization, but that seems to be a lie, as VirtualBox still says that I don't have it.  I'm on an Acer Aspire E5-553G.  I thought maybe you'd be more successful.  Also, there isn't an edit that will expose any advanced BIOS menu, is there?

vars.zip

Thanks!

Hello!

You can check if your laptop (CPU and bios) now support for real virtualization with this nice utility:  https://www.grc.com/securable.htm

On 11/26/2017 at 1:07 AM, Klem said:

Hello!

You can check if your laptop (CPU and bios) now support for real virtualization with this nice utility:  https://www.grc.com/securable.htm

I checked it with that tool, and it replied that it does support virtualization, which wasn't a surprise because the CPU is an A12 and so rather new.  If there is anything that doesn't support virtualization, I think it would have to be the motherboard, but it seems weird that a 1 year old machine wouldn't support that.    Am I doing it right?  Is it just changing the one byte on line 000000E0  from 00 to 01?   Doing that DOES make windows report virtualization on instead of off, but VirtualBox still says it is off and chokes. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I need your help to enabling this AMD-v since I want to use my laptop to play  Android games onto it.

a Little questions, Is this will Broke the official guarantee? Thanks In Advance, Actually I dont care the guarantee. I need your help mate thanks..

God will reply your kindness helping people :)

Here is the file from my Lapy, Peace from Indonesia.

vars.zip

• Bios Modder
37 minutes ago, hunyb said:

Hi. I need your help to enabling this AMD-v since I want to use my laptop to play  Android games onto it.

a Little questions, Is this will Broke the official guarantee? Thanks In Advance, Actually I dont care the guarantee. I need your help mate thanks..

God will reply your kindness helping people :)

Here is the file from my Lapy, Peace from Indonesia.

vars.zip

No, it's does not broke guarantee, because you can revert back very easily. Check PM.