Jump to content
Klem

ACER E5-553G, E5-523G Request for AMD-V Unlock

Recommended Posts

Just now, balayanka said:

Hi bro,

I need to enable AMD-V on my Acer E15 553 T4PT

my var file.

vars.rar

 

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, Senior Klem!

Could you please help me with enabling AMD-V options on my Acer E5-553G? I have no windows installed but I can read BIOS setup in hex from Linux...

 

Thanks in advance!

BIOS_SETUP_HEX.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, haimek said:

Hi, Senior Klem!

Could you please help me with enabling AMD-V options on my Acer E5-553G? I have no windows installed but I can read BIOS setup in hex from Linux...

 

Thanks in advance!

BIOS_SETUP_HEX.zip

 

Hi!

Please read the first post of this thread. This method requires Windows as a system because necessary tool works only in Windows. You can try to boot in Windows from Live CD or USB flash drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, haimek said:

Hi, Senior Klem!

Booted from Live CD and performed steps described in your post. 

vars.zip

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stsaper said:

hello.. i need help to turn on amd-v for my acer e5-553g-T0F0

thank you

vars.zip

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mistek said:

Hello

this is my vars.txt

can you help for modification, Thank you :)

vars.zip

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Огромное спасибо за помощь!

 

Thank you so much for the help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi.  I had tried to do this myself following some instructions online, and I was successful at getting Windows to report that I had enabled virtualization, but that seems to be a lie, as VirtualBox still says that I don't have it.  I'm on an Acer Aspire E5-553G.  I thought maybe you'd be more successful.  Also, there isn't an edit that will expose any advanced BIOS menu, is there?

vars.zip

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JoeCaloric said:

Hi.  I had tried to do this myself following some instructions online, and I was successful at getting Windows to report that I had enabled virtualization, but that seems to be a lie, as VirtualBox still says that I don't have it.  I'm on an Acer Aspire E5-553G.  I thought maybe you'd be more successful.  Also, there isn't an edit that will expose any advanced BIOS menu, is there?

vars.zip

 

Thanks!

Hello!

You can check if your laptop (CPU and bios) now support for real virtualization with this nice utility:  https://www.grc.com/securable.htm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2017 at 1:07 AM, Klem said:

Hello!

You can check if your laptop (CPU and bios) now support for real virtualization with this nice utility:  https://www.grc.com/securable.htm

I checked it with that tool, and it replied that it does support virtualization, which wasn't a surprise because the CPU is an A12 and so rather new.  If there is anything that doesn't support virtualization, I think it would have to be the motherboard, but it seems weird that a 1 year old machine wouldn't support that.    Am I doing it right?  Is it just changing the one byte on line 000000E0  from 00 to 01?   Doing that DOES make windows report virtualization on instead of off, but VirtualBox still says it is off and chokes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, exahil404 said:

Hello this is my vars.txt
ty

vars.rar

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, arinich01 said:

Hello

this is my vars.txt

can you help for modification, Thank you :)

vars.zip

Hello!

Ok. No problem. Check your PM box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hello!

Ok. No problem. Check your PM box.

Thanks brow..

this work... Amazing

thanks.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi. I need your help to enabling this AMD-v since I want to use my laptop to play  Android games onto it.

a Little questions, Is this will Broke the official guarantee? Thanks In Advance, Actually I dont care the guarantee. I need your help mate thanks..

God will reply your kindness helping people :)

 

Here is the file from my Lapy, Peace from Indonesia.

vars.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, hunyb said:

Hi. I need your help to enabling this AMD-v since I want to use my laptop to play  Android games onto it.

a Little questions, Is this will Broke the official guarantee? Thanks In Advance, Actually I dont care the guarantee. I need your help mate thanks..

God will reply your kindness helping people :)

 

Here is the file from my Lapy, Peace from Indonesia.

vars.zip

No, it's does not broke guarantee, because you can revert back very easily. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By EdMkn
      Hello,
      I am requesting your help. I have an Acer e5-523g, and  I have applied the method with h2ouve mentioned in this forum to activate the amd-v feature, and it worked. But everytime on two, when the system was shutting down, whether intentionally or low battery, the virtualization was going back to deactivate. And I always repeated the same process. Until one day: when I enter in the cmd, everytime I tap “h2ouve -gv vars.txt” or “h2ouve -sv vars_mod.txt” it shows sth like:
       
      Now parsing Variable Information...
      LoadDeviceDriver fail,
      GetLastError=0x2 Failed to get bios data!
      Fail to get Variable Information
       
      My problem is that I don’t really know what LoadDriverDevice means, and how to make it work

    • By Diky
      help me to unlock amd-v acer aspire one 725
      it's my vars file
      please..
      vars.rar
    • By Awesome14
      I found this: https://photonicsguy.ca/projects/t530
       
      It's a nice how to on altering the whitelist on the W530/T530 laptop.
    • By 9vul14
      Hey allI, I need help  with modding my BIOS. I was wondering if anyone could help me mod my BIOS to unlock the 'Advanced' tab which I don't have on my InsydeH20 F.52 Rev 5.0 Bios? Thanks so much and I look forward to your response! Laptop: HP Pavilion x360  ba109tx
       
      Specs: 
      i7-8550U
      Nvidia Geforce 940MX
      Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
      12GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM RAM
      128GB SSD, 1TB HDD
       
      Laptop Product Page: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05650773
      Vanilla BIOS: https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-14-ba100-x360-convertible-pc/16851098/model/18161600
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.