Battlefield 1 performance with gtx 1060 EXP GDC

Jasiek95

Hi there, I'm currently running an eGPU setup with the EXP GDC v8 (mini PCIE) and a GTX 1060 6GB. Most games I have no trouble running and I'm aware of the bottlenecking from the low bandwidth but for me, the performance I'm getting in Battlefield 1 especially, is remarkably low.

At lowest possible settings with 1680 x 1050, I'm getting around 50 FPS, with periodic drops to 40 sometimes even 30 during intense fire-fights. Turning up the graphics do nothing for my frames and lowering the resolution to 1366 x 768 or 1280 x 1024 only gives me like 5-10 frames. Most graphically intensive games I have (GTA 5, Far Cry 4 etc) seem to run fairly well and bus usage is around 40-50% for those but I don't notice bad spikes like in BF1. My brother running a 960M gets more 20 more frames on average and never dips to 40fps like me at the same graphical settings. I purchased this 1060 thinking my old card (GTX 960 2GB) was not up to scratch but now, I'm the one left scratching my head.

What I have noticed is that the GPU Bus usage hovers around 60-70% and sometimes hits 80. As the usage increases, the FPS decreases sometimes (though not always) and I thought there might be a connection here. But then I see people like this chap here who's getting the same frames as me, but on Ultra settings.

So how's everyone else finding the game (or similar one)? I'm really disappointed by the performance of the card atm

Specs:  Lenovo y510p

• Windows 8.1 64bit

RAM:

• 12GB DDR3 Ram 1600MHz

GPU(s):

• Asus Turbo GTX 1060 6GB via mPCIe x1 Gen. 2
  • Intel HD 4600 (dedicated 750m is disabled in bios and drivers are uninstalled

CPU:

• i7-4700MQ 2.4GHz with 3.4GHz Turbo (constant turbo with -75mV undervolt and 200MHz overclock via Intel XTU

Display(s):

• Cheapo 22inch 1680x1050 @60Hz monitor
  • 1080p Full HD LED Laptop screen (Disabled and not in use)

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.