EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Arthasdmc

REQUEST - MSI GE72 2QF unlocked VBIOS.

Hello. 

I recently cleaned my laptop and changed thermal paste, so GPU has a lot of headroom for OC. At full load it's at 60c. And throttling only starts at 87c for both CPU and GPU.

I searched everywhere, but it seems no one really modded this laptop's VBIOS.

I found one person who does it, but he requires a donation for it. Since I don't have a lot of money I didn't even try to donate and see if it's enough.

So maybe someone can help me out here? 

The laptop is with i7-4720HQ downclocked to 3.0 Ghz instead of 3.6 Ghz due to temperatures at full load, 16 GB of DDR3 ram and a GTX 970M 3GB.

Added link for original VBIOS file. 

https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GE72-2QF-Apache-Pro-4.html#down-firmware

Direct download link from MSI.

Driver version for the lazy - 84.04.26.00.29. 

Edited by Arthasdmc
Added links.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ajdrenter
      Hello all! I have been researching upgrade paths for my M17x R4 and I have decided on the GTX 1060. Now, I was given this laptop with a dead GPU, and I had an M17x R3 already. So I moved the GTX 560m into the R4 which has worked fine. Now as I understand it a few things are needed for this upgrade including the 120hz panel and the ability to disable the legacy ROM for a pure UEFI boot. I have the 120hz screen, but the 560m uses the GF116 architecture which does not have a vBIOS which supports GOP. So I am thinking the only solution is to buy a cheaper "in-between" card which supports both boot modes, which will allow me to disable the legacy option in setup. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what cheap card to buy as a transitional part? I have been considering a 765m but I am also wondering if there are any other good choices.
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo Y50-70, Lenovo Y70-70, Lenovo Z50-70, Lenovo Z70-70, Lenovo G50-70, Lenovo G70-70.
      If someone want upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, or unlocked vbios for overclock NVIDIA card, then you can post your request in this thread. Also, if you have a problem with fan pulsating/clicking on any modified bios then you can post your request in this thread.

The flashing procedure include two steps:
      1.  Flash main system bios.
      2.  Flash EC firmware.
    • By Malik Fasihullah
      Dear modders,

Hope you all are doing well. I wished to ask if someone could guide me for flashing a vbios to the GTX 970M 6GB for to be installed on the MSI GT-683 laptop (with modded GTX 560M heatsink). I need to know how to get a display to be able to flash (also, flash with what software?) if the gtx 970m is of clevo (is the IGPU supposed to work? do i need an unlocked laptop bios?) I intend to buy this GTX 970M : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000264805962.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.62d77e93DGQl5O&algo_pvid=bccc80d9-9944-4dc3-a1e6-ef3d45bda0e3&algo_expid=bccc80d9-9944-4dc3-a1e6-ef3d45bda0e3-5&btsid=12b502b9-dbe1-4c35-be48-930446a31235&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_3,searchweb201603_53 

Please help it will be of great service to me.

Regards- a new member.
      @Bloetschkopf your expertise please..
    • By Dr_Cachetes
      Hello everyone, it is 2020 and i've been looking literally EVERYWHERE for a modded vBios for an Asus G751jy (980m 4gb) to unlock voltage control above 25mV, can someone help me?
      I've seen people have been linking the mod so here's mine, latest 213
      GM204.rom

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.