Help please! My computer is bricked! I can access the bios but can't change anything

Alienware m18 --bios (InsydeH20) is locked. How do I unlock it?

My battery malfunctioned so I disconnected it, now the computer can't seem to access the boot hdd. I tried reconnecting the battery but to no avail. Diagnostics show everything seems to be working fine, I'm am pretty sure I can get everything working once I can unlock the bios (and change boot sequence and settings

)
The only two areas in the bios that is unlocked is the password reset portion (there was no password) and the "unlock" Bios portion, but when I try to unlock it it keeps saying "Unlock failed."
So... the computer "sees" my hard drives but can't seem to access it, and without being able to access the Bios I can't even begin to do anything.
How do I unlock (ungrey) the Bios?

Things I've tried: 

-remove and reinsert cmos battery and laptop battery

-try flashing bios-- I couldn't get this to work, maybe because the key sequences I tried (fn+esc) doesn't work.

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, chan7007 said:

Alienware m18 --bios (InsydeH20) is locked. How do I unlock it?

My battery malfunctioned so I disconnected it, now the computer can't seem to access the boot hdd. I tried reconnecting the battery but to no avail. Diagnostics show everything seems to be working fine, I'm am pretty sure I can get everything working once I can unlock the bios (and change boot sequence and settings

)
The only two areas in the bios that is unlocked is the password reset portion (there was no password) and the "unlock" Bios portion, but when I try to unlock it it keeps saying "Unlock failed."
So... the computer "sees" my hard drives but can't seem to access it, and without being able to access the Bios I can't even begin to do anything.
How do I unlock (ungrey) the Bios?

Things I've tried: 

-remove and reinsert cmos battery and laptop battery

-try flashing bios-- I couldn't get this to work, maybe because the key sequences I tried (fn+esc) doesn't work.

Hi!

If your laptop is M18x R2, then you can try flash this unlocked bios: 

If your laptop is M18x R1, then you can try flash this unlocked bios: