Advice for Lenovo Ideapad 310 eGPU setup

BF_Pierce

Hi,

I'm completely new to eGPU's in general and I want some advice on setting one up with my Lenovo Ideapad 310.

Specs:

Processor - AMD A12-9700P + RADEON R7 GRAPHICS

RAM -  12GB DDR4

The components that I am considering are the [NGFF Version]V8.0 EXP GDC, ASUS STRIX GTX 950 OC 2GB, and Dell da-2 power supply.

Based on the research I've done I think these will work good together but I am far from an expert and I've not been able to find anyone who's run an eGPU setup with an A12-9700 and my concern is that it may not pair well with an Nvidia gpu (no idea if that is a valid concern).

Basically I just want to get the opinion of someone more experienced than I am to verify weather this setup will work or if there are any obvious issues. Thanks!

Edited by BF_Pierce

u better of with gtx980 much more bang for buck ;) , and in my opinion dell psu is overrated as have 3 of them and all have died in matter of weeks , now using xbox360 psu .

Edited by misiozol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.