SONY VPCEB/EXP GDC Help?

Pyroxene

Need help with an issue with trying to run my EXP GDC on the laptops monitor, First let me post the setup.

Sony VPCEB36FG/B

Windows 10 64

EXP GDC 8.4 - Express card

150w 12A DC12v power brick

Nvidia GTX 960

Radeon HD5000 dGPU

I'm trying to get my 960 to run on the laptops internal screen.

Got the card installed quite happily in device manager with an older driver, however in the notes it lists that it needs additional setup.. that's one issue

secondly, It seems I can't disable my Radeon dGPU via bios (no option to do so). uninstalling it via device manager will just have it reinstall again on bootup. if it's not running the Radeon then it's running generic drivers.

How would I go about forcing my laptop to actually run off of the 960?

On 09/07/2017 at 2:38 AM, misiozol said:

for it to run on internal screen u need modify driver and works on intel HD internal graphics 

My laptop doesn't have intel gfx. it only lists ATI Mobility Radeon and the GTX 960..

but you mentioned modding the driver.. where would I go to do that?

On 10/07/2017 at 0:12 PM, misiozol said:

here is explained quite well http://www.owen-lu.com/egpu/

Ah thanks.. I took a look at it and followed the directions, even the youtube videos for the correct windows 10 solution. I got the graphics card to install with the laptop drivers, but still the same problem. It doesn't want to take over from the Radeon/Basic display driver and only works with an external monitor (it can lag a bit, and the sound is often broken)

I saw in the notes that you needed at least a sandybridge intel cpu (Socket G2) whereas my laptop is an arrandale (socket G1)

Yup I did get it working on external only, and it's a little buggy, but no dice with the internal.. I'm thinking I should pack it in.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.