Sign in to follow this  
Wrzeszcz

Lenovo G50-30 with NGFF EXP GDC v8.0 Zotac 1050ti. Working, but not detected

Hello. I need help. A lot of link I've found in google pointed to this site, but none helped, so I decided to ask a question here.

When I turn on my laptop the beast lits up and the fan on the gpu starts spinning, but I cannot see it in the device manager. Also the usb on the beast seems to be not working since the external wifi adapter doesn't work if plugged in there.

Well, actually one time I was able to see the 1050ti in the device manager. I do not know what caused it. It was appearing there, but showed the code 43 error. I've read on Bangood forum that code 43 can be fixed by deleting the drivers and then letting the laptop autodetect the card. I deleted the drivers. Now I can't see the 1050ti again.

Please hep.

Set proper timing. Does bios have a white list ? error43 have nothing to do with it it's driver issue and u might need setup1.35 for it .

On 09.07.2017 at 11:35 AM, misiozol said:

Set proper timing. Does bios have a white list ? error43 have nothing to do with it it's driver issue and u might need setup1.35 for it .

How do I set up timing and how do I know which which timing is proper?
I do not know anything about the white list? How do I chek?
How will setup1.35 help? I mean, what exactly do I have to do with it?

Have u even try to use search option, or r u just to lazy to type few things.

7 hours ago, misiozol said:

Have u even try to use search option, or r u just to lazy to type few things.

I prefer to get full information from one source, instead of gathering it by pieces.

At least I am not lazy enough to write full words, instead of replacing them with a similary sounding letter.

Didn't really find anything new.

Decided to fiddle with a switch on the EXP GDC and looks like it helped. Because now the card is detected, but shows error code 12.
I supoused that was the timing thingy, right?

Yes , now look for error code12 solution , link from above will work perfect for it as well :P

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By can rx
      Hello to all dear visitors, 

I have been using Lenovo y510p notebook for two years but in games I think my graphic card is inadequate. After that I've bought Mini PCI-e EXP GDC and attached it to where the wireless card socket is.  However because it has x1 speed its performance is too low. Even though on tests rx460's ranks is low than rx480, it has more performance.

In x1 PCI-e port, the performance is too low and inefficient. On GPUz programme, use of memory controller is 20% but use of GPU is 100%. I mean, I've been hooked to the x1 speed.

Components : EXP GDC version 8.0 +450w PSU + rx480

I've read all pages about ultrabay, I want to buy and to share in forum.

If anyone has ultrabay to PCI-e port, I want to buy. Please help.

Thanks for everything.
    • By PrecastFlame
      Hi, I'm having problems trying to connect a GTX 750 Ti to my Lenovo T420 using the dock EXP GDC Beast (express card version).
      My laptop: Lenovo T420
      RAM: 8GB DDR3
      CPU: Intel Core i5 2520M
      GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000

My problem is: if I plug the express card and I turn on the laptop it doesn't boot up and the screen becomes horrible, with coloured pixels and a sound like "bip-bip".
      If I try plugging the express card when the laptop is already turned on it sees the gpu, but if try installing the drivers I have to apply the modifies restarting the computer.
      I hope you understood my problem (I don't speak English very well).
      Please help me, It's making me crazy!

EDIT: I didn't say that if I plug the express card when the pc is already turned on, in the device menager there is "Error 12" on the gtx 750 ti
    • By Rocketeer
      Hello,

I have a lenovo y480 trying to set up exp gdc with mini pci-e. I followed the instructions to the letter and still my system does not detect it. graphic card i am using is a evga 1060 and windows 8.1   I am willing to upgrade to win 10 if that would make it easier, just looking for some guidance since i am a beginner at this.

Thanks
                                                                                                                                                                                         Tony
    • By Clancy
      Hi, Masters,

i m trying to let my egpu working through modding the inf file.
      My 660ti's device number is this
      PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1183&SUBSYS_2843 1462&REV_A1 and i manged to add a few lines in the nvlti.inf file, cause my laptop is thinkpad...
      i m not sure if i should mod this file or others either way it didnt work.
      i added line below
      [NVIDIA_Devices.NTamd64.10.0...14310] ... %NVIDIA_DEV.1183.2843.1462% = Section021, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1183&SUBSYS_28431462 %NVIDIA_DEV.1183.2843.1462% = Section022, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1183&SUBSYS_28431462 [Strings] ... NVIDIA_DEV.1183.2843.1462 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti" for some unknown reason it just didnt work........
      Could you guys help me out,
      this EXP thing is driving me crazy...
    • By MetaBaron
      Hi All,

I'm trying to setup a eGPU rig -  but no matter what I do I seem to be running into the infamous error code 43.

My setup:

Thinkpad X220 i5 2.5GHz, 16GB ram (2x8GB @ 1600) Modified 1.43 Bios EXP GDC V8.4D PCI-express Sparkle NVIDIA GeForce GTX680 Dell DA-2 power supply  
      Seemed like a common setup from what I could read before attempting the build, so I wasn't expecting any specific troubles. How wrong I was...
      Steps I followed:
      Connect GPU and power plug into GDC, plug express card in laptop while power off Power on the laptop, GDC starts fine, generic VGA adapter is detected Install nvidia drivers, reboot Card shows up, but with error code 43  
      Sometimes I'd get a blue / black screen of death, and changing the PTD switch to 14s would fix this, but error 43 would still be present. In both cases, hot-plugging the card would work fine - it gets detected in the device manager, but the error would be still there.

I had a few times where I got error 12 instead, so I went to the BIOS and changed the TOLUD to 3GB as suggested in some online discussions. That fixed error 12 but would just show error 43 again after reboot.

I read it might be a driver issue (although people said it should happen only with the new 10xx series of cards), so  I tried several versions of the drivers: latest, 375.64, 372.70, 372.54, but with no luck.

Here's a list of other stuff I tried by reading about other people's successful setups / troubleshooting experiences and looking for error 43 related threads:
      Setting PCIe Power Management off / on in the bios Setting PCIe speed to gen1 manually Enabling / disabling hotplugging for the pcie interface the card is installed in  
      But still no luck. Going crazy over this. Has anyone been in a similar position and can offer me advice? Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.