NEED HELP!! P375SM - Upgrade From 8970m To GTX980M

andrewff2

Hello everyone!!

I've changey my crossfire 8970m to a 980m, everything is butter smooth games, temperature!!

But when i go to bios it says unknown card!!

Is there something that i should do to make it regonize?!! will it be a problem?!?!

Should i put a new vbios or change something in my notebook bios?? right now i'm using prema V2 and here is the card!!

Any help will be awesome!!

NEW UPDATE: The brightness controls are not working!!

ok.gif

Edited by andrewff2

What bios says means nothing. The 1070s in my P370EM are the same. If Windows detects it and drivers can be installed and it works - what else matters.

Prema vbios for 980M unleashes even more power, if your heatsink can't handle it the temp limit to control boost clock works too. Win win.

There are registry fixes around to try for the brightness controls. They werent hard to find when I looked last just google something like 'geforce brightness control registry fix'

1 hour ago, bennyg said:

What bios says means nothing. The 1070s in my P370EM are the same. If Windows detects it and drivers can be installed and it works - what else matters.

Prema vbios for 980M unleashes even more power, if your heatsink can't handle it the temp limit to control boost clock works too. Win win.

There are registry fixes around to try for the brightness controls. They werent hard to find when I looked last just google something like 'geforce brightness control registry fix'

Thanks a looot man!! yeah trying to find something but nothing so far... anyways thanks again for the help!

1 hour ago, bennyg said:

17 hours ago, bennyg said:

WtH i'm very stupid cause i did not find anything that helped me fix it :/

57 minutes ago, bennyg said:

IT FKING WORKED!!!!! JESUS

I found a solution like this but did not work i think i put in the wrong  place....

Anyways thanks a lot man!!!! FOR REAL!!

Now i'm trying to figure out why the FN controls do not work and when i put in 0% the screen goes all black and if there's something to block me doing this!!