New M17x r3

Stomp

Hey guys, I just picked  up locally a m17x r3 for fairly dang cheap. I happen to have a 770m out of a MSI laptop that I scrapped after I had some motherboard issues that caused it not to power on anymore. Its a mxm card but with it being out of a MSI, would I have any issues?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2017 at 11:41 PM, Stomp said:

Hey guys, I just picked  up locally a m17x r3 for fairly dang cheap. I happen to have a 770m out of a MSI laptop that I scrapped after I had some motherboard issues that caused it not to power on anymore. Its a mxm card but with it being out of a MSI, would I have any issues?

nope.. i am using a GTX780m from MSI and it is working just fine ! only needed driver's INF file modification nothing else 

Cool, did you have any problems with the HD audio? :D Iv gotta order some thermal paste, I can't find any in my stash of pc parts. I ordered a I7 2920xm, setup the raid last night with 2 120gb ssd's I had laying around. Last thing to do is to install the 770m, processor and I am thinking about ordering a HD screen for this laptop. This thing should hold me over for about 2 years or unless I find a m18x r2 that I like sooner. I need to get the promotion on here, I would like to have the A12 bios that a member uploaded.

• 1 year later...

Hey how did all the upgrades go on your M17X? I see lots about having to mod the drivers INF File? Sorry im not super super tech savy but how do you do this? Looking to upgrade my GPU sometime very soon and trying to have my ducks in a row on what to do when that time comes, thanks!