GTX 980M which heatsink?

Hello everbody out there in forumland if someone could steer me in the right direction. anyway i need help with simple answer im looking to step up to the gtx980's for my M18x r2 and i bought it used with 1 simgle 660m so question is do i have to get the NV100W heatsinks for both primary and secondary 980's ? right now installed reads NV75W, i want to make sure i dont buy the wrong parts.thanks 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎17‎.‎06‎.‎2017 at 11:25 AM, V762 Cas said:

do i have to get the NV100W heatsinks for both primary and secondary 980's ?

Yes.

36 minutes ago, ♛eQual!zє87♛ said:

Do u guys know, where i can get a new Heatsink?

Best place is eBay i think

IVE BEEN SEARCHING EBAY AND THERES LOTS TO CHOOSE AS IN VIDEO CARDS FOR MY ALIENWARE, BUT IS IT WORTH THE COST TO UPGRADE VS BUYING A NEW RIG IM LOOKING INTO EUROCOM SKY MODELS. MY M18XR2 IS GOING ON 6 YRS OLD NOW SO HOW FAR CAN I GO AS IN MODERN GAMES WITH  THIS MX18R2 ? I HAVE 1 GTX660M. ITS OK TO LAUGH.. ANYWAY MOST MEMBERS OUT THERE ARE AT THE 10XX SERIES CARDS NOW SOME WITH MODS AND BIOS FIXES IF I TRIED THAT STUFF I WOULD END UP WITH A DOOR STOP. I ALSO HAVE AN M17XR1 BUT AGAIN TOO OLD FOR TODAYS GAMES NOW RUNNING ON 4K DISPLAYS I GUESS.. SO ANY ADVISE ON WHAT TO DO COST WISE ? OR WHAT WOULD BE A BAREBONE OPTION ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all,

I was reading on another forum that the 7970m heatsinks could be used with the gtx 980m in the m17x r4, link here. Would that also apply to the m18x r2? I am replacing my burnt out 7970m's with a single 980m to start and need to know what all I need to get. Any help would be much appreciated!