BAKED unlocked and stock BIOS for CLEVO TM, KM, DM and P6/P4 series

6 hours ago, th12052 said:

Thank you for responding. It is old but it is all I have for the moment. I'll head back to the GPU threads that I need help with. Trying to get a 680m working with it.

It's not that it's too old but rather that it uses phoenix BIOS instead of ami and I only work with ami and insyde, but I might take a look at that BIOS when I have some time :)

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, BAKED said:

It's not that it's too old but rather that it uses phoenix BIOS instead of ami and I only work with ami and insyde, but I might take a look at that BIOS when I have some time :)

Okay I get that. That would be awesome! Thank you so much.

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 8:14 PM, BAKED said:

This is for your model:

Hey thanks,

here is a little thing maybe people here might be able to help

so i have a HASEE brand bought in china based on model CLEVO P650RS depsite what aida64 said with the confusing P6567RSRP label cause it actually was on the sticker behind.

Knowing this I checked the BIOS and EC and i was on .05 and .03 respectively i went to the repo where you cqn find BIOS dowloaded from P6xxRx so so far i think im good.

from here i made a USB key using RUFUS to make it bootable qnd put all the files on it like they  ask, I actually realized (after the stuff that happens a bit later) that i didnt download the Upgrade (.07 bios & .05EC) but simply the SAME BIOS i already had flashed except its only the original CLEVO and lets be honest most reseller just add a logo. and the flash did tell me it was successful ... well until i reboot...

Anyway back then i though i was flashing the upgrade, i bricked the computer, and i realized i did flash the EC previous to the bios, and thats when i realized on the stick was actually the .05 bios and then i thought....why the hell isnt it working if i flashed the same damn bios that was already Inside.

I tried Fn + N and other FN+ "x" or smashing F7 for 30sec and use enter or down Arrow an additional time to boot Something different but Nothing made it boot on USB with this as autoexec.bat

@echo off
beep.bat (i dowloaded that file from another thread and its on usb)

anyway it was simply to get an audio indication if i ever managed to boot on it then i could redo the sequence with a proper USB to fix the issue i even removed the CMOS battery for like 5 min hoping this could help but didnt change a thing.

SO my question kinda remains, how could it be bricked by flashing same BIOS doesnt sound right. at first i thought i fucked by actually flashing the upated bios by forgetting to flash EC first but its not.

Then since my rig is actually a chinese brand i checked it, website is not available outside of china, i checked baidu (their local google) i did found a website talking about flashing bios, same bios as the one hosted in the repo i used.

Except that instead of using full DOS they recommand using EFI shell to flash, which was first difference. since most tuto on here and another forum i found ask to disable UEFI boot and boot DOS to flash.

then flashing order EC then BIOS both in EFI then they had another rom to flash to unlock it im gonna put a screen here cause it might be someone stealing (or not) this OP work and taking credit for it, i cant be sure because i still cant dowload the hosted file here i dont have permission yet to check myself

Orignal post i found it http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5116061307

just look for the pan.baidu link its their most famous cloud there

im just concerned cause chinese often do that, steal other work and take credit for it. so i guess only the Creator of the unlock could tell if its his work.

Anyway, my laptop is bricked by flashing same stock bios version, so i Wonder if anyone has a fix and also tell me if the different method of flashing can have any real effect ?

Capture.PNG

21 hours ago, [FR]Batailleuse said:

Hey thanks,

here is a little thing maybe people here might be able to help

so i have a HASEE brand bought in china based on model CLEVO P650RS depsite what aida64 said with the confusing P6567RSRP label cause it actually was on the sticker behind.

Knowing this I checked the BIOS and EC and i was on .05 and .03 respectively i went to the repo where you cqn find BIOS dowloaded from P6xxRx so so far i think im good.

from here i made a USB key using RUFUS to make it bootable qnd put all the files on it like they  ask, I actually realized (after the stuff that happens a bit later) that i didnt download the Upgrade (.07 bios & .05EC) but simply the SAME BIOS i already had flashed except its only the original CLEVO and lets be honest most reseller just add a logo. and the flash did tell me it was successful ... well until i reboot...

Anyway back then i though i was flashing the upgrade, i bricked the computer, and i realized i did flash the EC previous to the bios, and thats when i realized on the stick was actually the .05 bios and then i thought....why the hell isnt it working if i flashed the same damn bios that was already Inside.

I tried Fn + N and other FN+ "x" or smashing F7 for 30sec and use enter or down Arrow an additional time to boot Something different but Nothing made it boot on USB with this as autoexec.bat

@echo off
beep.bat (i dowloaded that file from another thread and its on usb)

anyway it was simply to get an audio indication if i ever managed to boot on it then i could redo the sequence with a proper USB to fix the issue i even removed the CMOS battery for like 5 min hoping this could help but didnt change a thing.

SO my question kinda remains, how could it be bricked by flashing same BIOS doesnt sound right. at first i thought i fucked by actually flashing the upated bios by forgetting to flash EC first but its not.

Then since my rig is actually a chinese brand i checked it, website is not available outside of china, i checked baidu (their local google) i did found a website talking about flashing bios, same bios as the one hosted in the repo i used.

Except that instead of using full DOS they recommand using EFI shell to flash, which was first difference. since most tuto on here and another forum i found ask to disable UEFI boot and boot DOS to flash.

then flashing order EC then BIOS both in EFI then they had another rom to flash to unlock it im gonna put a screen here cause it might be someone stealing (or not) this OP work and taking credit for it, i cant be sure because i still cant dowload the hosted file here i dont have permission yet to check myself

Orignal post i found it http://tieba.baidu.com/p/5116061307

just look for the pan.baidu link its their most famous cloud there

im just concerned cause chinese often do that, steal other work and take credit for it. so i guess only the Creator of the unlock could tell if its his work.

Anyway, my laptop is bricked by flashing same stock bios version, so i Wonder if anyone has a fix and also tell me if the different method of flashing can have any real effect ?

Capture.PNG

It wont be bricked by flashing the same or a older BIOS. The problem is that you chose a BIOS for the wrong model. The P6xxRX on repo is not for the RS/RP models. You won't be able to do a recovery  If you've also flashed the boot block from the wrong BIOS. You will have to reprogam it.

If someone would host my BIOS my boot logo will still be there as it wont flash If changed and it will say BAKED in the BIOS.

1 hour ago, BAKED said:

It wont be bricked by flashing the same or a older BIOS. The problem is that you chose a BIOS for the wrong model. The P6xxRX on repo is not for the RS/RP models. You won't be able to do a recovery  If you've also flashed the boot block from the wrong BIOS. You will have to reprogam it.

If someone would host my BIOS my boot logo will still be there as it wont flash If changed and it will say BAKED in the BIOS.

yeah pretty much figured that, i downloaded the bios for my model from the chinese forum. i guess if i explain i bricked the bios and provide the most recent version to a programmer on USB they can fix it like that ? or is it more complicated ? (beside them putting on a new bios chip that is)

ill probably wait to be back from holidays in europe to china, here is like 100 to 150  euro to fix it while its gonna cost like 20 back in china.plus its a chinese brand.

I really wish more Clebo reseller where as smart as Obsidian to provide a simple tool that permit most recent driver/bios updates.

Guess ill also give them some liquid metal and ask them to fix the keyboard that half melted because the thing was getting too hot at times....providing they can fix my bios.

anyway thanks.

Edited by [FR]Batailleuse

Hi, I'm exceedingly new to this!

I'm wondering if these BIOSes will work on Sager branded laptops. I have a Sager NP8176 which is the counterpart of a Clevo P670HP6-G.

Thankyou Baked for making these!

Hello all I have just bought a clevo P870 DM-G
Without CPU no ram not dd I you of the information about the CPU may I put an I7 7700K or must I stay on I7 6700K I heard that it had possibiliter with premod bios thanks for the information

Baked, do you have any idea how can I undervolt the cpu, keep clock on 4.2 ghz on all cores on your bios? I couldn't find the settings (or i'm blind or stupid:baby:), and also overclock the ram at 2400 MHZ ( but that's not realy that important)

And Btw, for any of you who's having Clevo P870DM-G DO NOT ENABLE IGFX in bios, it will only result in a black screen (tried it and had to do a NVRAM reset)

Another thing from my findings it is advisable to flash custom VBios for your cards before flashing unlocked bios coz it sometimes might result in a black screen.

This only aplies for Clevo P870DM-G, I have not tested IGFX function on another laptop.

Edited by runix18
  • Thumbs Up 1

not entirely sure if this will be any help to anyone, but here are the major menus from Baked's BIOS on my P670HP6-G.

Main Menu

main.jpg

Advanced Part 1

advanced2.jpg

Advanced Part 2

advanced1.jpg

Advanced -> Advanced Chipset Part 1   Note: Built-In Shell Support Enabled/Disabled is not shown in these images

chipset1.jpg

Advanced -> Advanced Chipset Part 2

chipset2.jpg

Advanced -> Overclocking

overclocking.jpg

Advanced -> Overclocking -> CPU

overclockingcpu.thumb.jpg.5384169110d05feae14cc9616af144f9.jpg

Advanced -> Overclocking -> Memory

overclockingmem.jpg

Edited by Alchemyy
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Alchemyy said:

not entirely sure if this will be any help to anyone, but here are the major menus from Baked's BIOS on my P670HP6-G.

Main Menu

main.jpg

Advanced Part 1

advanced2.jpg

Advanced Part 2

advanced1.jpg

Advanced -> Advanced Chipset Part 1   Note: Built-In Shell Support Enabled/Disabled is not shown in these images

chipset1.jpg

Advanced -> Advanced Chipset Part 2

chipset2.jpg

Advanced -> Overclocking

overclocking.jpg

Advanced -> Overclocking -> CPU

overclockingcpu.thumb.jpg.5384169110d05feae14cc9616af144f9.jpg

Advanced -> Overclocking -> Memory

overclockingmem.jpg

Thanks, although I don't see VCCSA there is definitely some interesting options.

Hmm.. I just flashed this on P650RS-G and I don't even see "Offset prefix" in processor voltage settings.

I wanted to set undervolt in bios so I don't need to always run Throttlestop.

Looks like this option is available only in Kaby Lake laptops then or am I missing something?

Lost HDMI output after flashing the P650RP, P651RP6G bios on my P650RP6-G.  Any ideas? Tried discreet and mshybrid mode.

Edit: Nevermind.  Everything is working well now after some driver reinstalls.  Thanks for the unlocked bios, Baked! :)

Edited by Zude
Resolved own issue.

how does the P870DM-G BIOS compare to Prema's BIOS mod?

On 14/07/2017 at 3:20 AM, runix18 said:

Baked, do you have any idea how can I undervolt the cpu, keep clock on 4.2 ghz on all cores on your bios? I couldn't find the settings (or i'm blind or stupid:baby:), and also overclock the ram at 2400 MHZ ( but that's not realy that important)

And Btw, for any of you who's having Clevo P870DM-G DO NOT ENABLE IGFX in bios, it will only result in a black screen (tried it and had to do a NVRAM reset)

Another thing from my findings it is advisable to flash custom VBios for your cards before flashing unlocked bios coz it sometimes might result in a black screen.

This only aplies for Clevo P870DM-G, I have not tested IGFX function on another laptop.

Because it's blocked off on a hardware level.

Edited by thegh0sts

On 6/12/2017 at 5:05 AM, BAKED said:

BAKED BIOS FOR KM, DM, P6, P4 SERIES. 

Unlocked most menus and options and added the chipset menu.

DISCLAIMER: FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK! BIOS FLASHING MIGHT BE RISKY, THEREFORE IN ORDER TO AVOID FAILURE ONLY FLASH IN DOS AND NEVER TURN OF THE PC UNTIL

FLASHING IS DONE AND MAKE SURE THE BATTERY AND AC-ADAPTER ARE CONNECTED TO AVOID POWER FAILURE WHICH MIGHT BRICK YOUR COMPUTER.

Warning! Before downloading and flashing make sure you choose the right BIOS for your model or you might brick your computer, read the included text files and make a backup with the included backupwin.exe or backupdos.exe.

DM AND KM SERIES

Reveal hidden contents

P6 AND P4 SERIES
INSTRUCTIONS:
  Reveal hidden contents
FIRST MAKE A BOOTABLE USB-DRIVE WITH DOS WHICH CAN BE DONE WITH RUFUS, COPY THE FILES FROM THE FOLDER BIOS TO YOUR USB-DRIVE AND RESTART AND ENTER BIOS BY PRESSING F2 AT THE BOOT LOGO, GO TO BOOT - UEFI SETTINGS AND DISABLE UEFI BOOT. SAVE AND RESTART BY PRESSING F4 AND BOOT TO YOUR USB-DRIVE, WHILE IN DOS FIRST TYPE BACKUPDOS.EXE TO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT BIOS THEN TYPE BAKE.BAT AND WAIT UNTIL THE WHOLE PROCESS IS DONE, RE-ENTER BIOS AND TURN ON UEFI BOOT AGAIN. DONE!

PAYPAL DONATE

ENJOY!

Baked the P870DM23G bios and I am sure the others changes the System name... Some programs like HWINFO uses this to determine if Fan speeds are able to be reported. Can you change the system name back?

System Name.png

On 7/15/2017 at 4:31 PM, thegh0sts said:

how does the P870DM-G BIOS compare to Prema's BIOS mod?

Because it's blocked off on a hardware level.

I know, I posted the question in another post, but had to try anyway, my finger was itching:))))

Edited by runix18

I went through this entire thread but found no mention of the P770DM(-G) model. Is there an unlocked bios for this? Also can the vbios version ever cause incompatibilities. Just asking since I have a P770DM-G but it uses a 980m made for the ZM model. Don't fully know what the difference is but it was enough to cause grief trying to get Prema's vbios for it. 

Also do you include a flashing software that has safeguards to help prevent wrong bios flashing? I know prema uses a his own nvflash for vbios but IDK if the same can be done for a system bios.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:20 AM, runix18 said:

what I did I flashed the unlocked bios then the custom vbios for gtx 970m sli it has led to blackscreen (870dm-g) the custom vbios I flashed was, see attachment, can you help me to fix the blackscreen. thanks

Nvidia 970m - 'OC edition' rev0.rom

Hey, guys, I have a question.

I have Sager laptop. Mother board P65_P67RGRERA (U3E1). Graphics card GTX970m.

I want to instal Hackintosh but since i7 6700 processor has integrated graphics it is impossible to use Geforce. Can this Bios disable Integrated Intel card so I can use Gforce in side Hackintosh?

On 2017-07-24 at 10:20 PM, RiceNinja said:

I went through this entire thread but found no mention of the P770DM(-G) model. Is there an unlocked bios for this? Also can the vbios version ever cause incompatibilities. Just asking since I have a P770DM-G but it uses a 980m made for the ZM model. Don't fully know what the difference is but it was enough to cause grief trying to get Prema's vbios for it. 

Also do you include a flashing software that has safeguards to help prevent wrong bios flashing? I know prema uses a his own nvflash for vbios but IDK if the same can be done for a system bios.

Here you go! It's the same BIOS for both.

I don't support any VBIOS related stuff at the moment so I don't know if there will be any incompabiities or not because I haven't worked with VBIOS for a couple of years.

I have never had any incompability problems myself between the ZM and DM with Nvidia cards, only AMD. But if you chose to try it do so at your own risk.

I can make a sript that prevents flashing the wrong BIOS but I don't feel like it's really necessary at the moment :)

Edited by BAKED
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2017-07-28 at 8:14 AM, jackynikola said:

Hey, guys, I have a question.

I have Sager laptop. Mother board P65_P67RGRERA (U3E1). Graphics card GTX970m.

I want to instal Hackintosh but since i7 6700 processor has integrated graphics it is impossible to use Geforce. Can this Bios disable Integrated Intel card so I can use Gforce in side Hackintosh?

AFAIK you can't disable the IGPU on Clevo systems with optimus, because the signal from the dGPU is routed through the IGPU so disabling IGPU will result in a black screen as no signal from the dGPU to display will be possible. So don't try it.

Edited by BAKED

6 hours ago, BAKED said:

Here you go! It's the same BIOS for both.

I don't support any VBIOS related stuff at the moment so I don't know if there will be any incompabiities or not because I haven't worked with VBIOS for a couple of years.

I have never had any incompability problems myself between the ZM and DM with Nvidia cards, only AMD. But if you chose to try it do so at your own risk.

I can make a sript that prevents flashing the wrong BIOS but I don't feel like it's really necessary at the moment :)

Hey thanks. It might be a while before I can try this bios out but good to know it exists. 

@jackynikola Doesn't the P6xx series have a mux switch for switching between dgpu only and optimus (igpu+dgpu)? Does hackintosh still see the igpu when in dgpu mode?

I thought the mux bypasses the igpu, thats how this model is able to have gsync and optimus on the same platform, just not used at the same time.

• Bios Modder
On 8/1/2017 at 2:50 PM, runix18 said:

Baked, when do you think we will have a 2.0 version for the p870dm bios? I realy need those cpu overclock menus. PLS

Maybe you asked this.

Edited by Klem

• BAKED locked, unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic