BAKED unlocked and stock BIOS for CLEVO TM, KM, DM and P6/P4 series

Hello baked i could really need your help.

i have a clevo P651R that has a i7-6820hk and i got the "Current Limit Throttling" problem, and i use your ( P650RS, P670RS/RP6G ) unlocked bios and it works fine. but unlocked bios isn't enough to fix "Current Limit Throttling" because i got no settings for raising the amp/watt. it might be that that setting is not unlocked or that setting does not exist on that bios.

from what i have learned from the internet it is not the bios that i need to get flashed it is the "ec" that is where the settings to not draw more watt then "a specific amount" so that the cpu activates "Current Limit Throttling" because it doesn't get enough watt.

and it can be fixed because, some of the PremaMod custom BIOS had and ec that fixed the problem.

so is this something you know something about or do you think you can try and fix the problem?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

@BAKED Thanks for bios mod. Finally someone builded and shared public. I didnt flash yet because I have a vbios mod. I need to be sure which one should flash first vbios mode or bios mode for safety? Can you put mine logo to your stock bios because for warranty things?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B13VwlTs7ha7aGdTNmE5MUpQRFU/view?usp=sharing

THANKS!

Edited by 750dmg

1 minute ago, 750dmg said:

Thanks for bios mod. Finally someone builded and shared public. I didnt flash yet because I have a vbios mod. I need to be sure which one should flash first vbios mode or bios mode for safety? Can you put mine logo to your stock bios because for warranty things?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B13VwlTs7ha7aGdTNmE5MUpQRFU/view?usp=sharing

THANKS!

The logo won't avoid you losing your warranty...

You know a changed BIOS will void your warranty right?

Only a stock bios will keep it

46 minutes ago, joluke@inphtech said:

The logo won't avoid you losing your warranty...

You know a changed BIOS will void your warranty right?

Only a stock bios will keep it

Stock bios is the Clevos bios with logo enough for my seller. I asked logo for stock bios. Read carefully.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Will this bios activate support for nvme m2 ? And if so wich one should i chose?   Great job unlocking features clevo should have left in from the beginning =)

p670rs is what the sticker under the computer says =)     

edit: Flashed the bios! =) Worked perfect except i still can not activate my stupid nvme m2 stick..  Anyone in this thread got a solution? Except that it works flawless! 

Edited by spiritshroud
:flashed! =)

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, spiritshroud said:

edit: Flashed the bios! =) Worked perfect except i still can not activate my stupid nvme m2 stick..  Anyone in this thread got a solution? Except that it works flawless! 

1.  The p670rs-g has 2 m.2 ports but only 1 is designed to take an nvme drive.

2.  The NVMe compatible slot on the P670 is the one that's in a vertical orientation as you look down on the motherboard, to the right of the 2.5" hard drive bays.

Important:

• The "BOOT" section of the UEFI BIOS and the shortcut to the "Bootable Devices" will not show the NVMe SSD, although it may be bootable!
  • After having installed the NVMe supporting OS in UEFI mode onto the PCIe/M.2 connected SSD, you will see the new bootable system drive listed as "Windows Boot Manager"
  •  
  • Here are some advices about how to get Win10 properly installed onto an M.2 or PCIe connected NVMe SSD:
    • Save the important data, which are currently on the NVMe SSD.
    • Create a bootable, FAT32 formatted USB Flash drive containing the desired Win10 image by using the tool Rufus (important: choose the UEFI mode partition table = GPT).
    • Enter the BIOS and navigate to the "BOOT" section and - if applicable - the "SECURITY" or "Keys" section. 
      Make sure, that the "Secure Boot" and "Fast Boot" options are disabled. The "Compatibility Support Module" (CSM) should be set to "Disabled" as well (requires full UEFI compatibility of the graphics adapter) or to "Enabled" with the ability/preference to load EFI BIOS modules for the Storage Disk Drives.
      Side note: Some users reported, they they had to disable the ASMedia SATA Controller within the "Storage Configuration" section to be able to boot off the NVMe SSD.
    • Most important: Unplug all storage disk drives except the NVMe supporting SSD.
    • Insert the prepared USB Flash drive and boot off it in UEFI mode (the related bootable USB drive should be shown by the Boot Manager with the prefix "[UEFI]").
    • When you come to the point, where you have to decide onto which Drive and which partition the OS shall be installed, delete all existing partitions from your NVME supporting SSD. After having done that, let the Win10 Setup create a new partition for your future drive C: on the related SSD. Then point to this just created partition as the desired future OS location.
    • The rest should be done by the Setup automaticly. You will get a message, that some additional partitions have to be created. Accept that and follow the advice of the Setup where to install the OS.
    • Once the OS is up and running, shut down the computer, remove the bootable USB Flash driver and reconnect all your previously used storage drives.
    • Before you restart cour computer, make sure, that the NVMe SSD resp. its listed "Windows Boot Manager" is on top of the bootable storage drives.
  • Another option is to do a clean OS installation in UEFI mode onto any SATA connected SSD (a suitable NVMe driver should be available for the OS!) and to clone the complete disk drive content onto the NVMe SSD. After having inserted the NVMe EFI module into the BIOS, the formerly used SSD should be removed and the NVMe SSD inserted.
    Good luck!
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi @BAKED, would any of those work with : 

P6xxRx P6xxRA/P6xxRG/P6xxRE3/P6xxRE6 Series

I'm trying to enable my network card to turn on Wake on Lan after unplugging the power supply. By default it only works if the system shutdown and remain plugged. Would your unlocked BIOS would allow that?

Any help much appreciated. 

Edit:

I've managed to understand how to backup and modify the BIOS but when I try to reflash it I get an 18 - error secure flash rom verify fail. Any advice to bypass the security?

Edited by bybys
Progress made

• 2 weeks later...

Ouh, awesome. I am searching for this like years literally!

@Baker. i am using the P670RS-G with a GTX1070 and all i wanna do is to get rid of the power Limits of my Card.

Right now i am using the latest EC and Bios from XMG because they put a lot of work in it to adjust the fan tables and they did nicely and i like the logo more than the stock one.

i would love to try your bios but can i:

1) downgrade back to the XMG Bios,  just in case, or will it brick my machine? Guess i can.

2) Is the Boot-Logo part of the EC or Bios? I guess it the in the bios? I would love to have a custom one. Would pay for that :)

Also the download link for my machine seems broken or do i miss something?

thx so much man! cant believe i finally found some modded stuff for this Laptop!

Edited by NomadFX

• Bios Modder
6 hours ago, Moherek993 said:

How can I download BIOS file for P670RS-G? Message says that i don't have permissions to download. Pls help :)

Hi!

You can read the forum rules:  https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotion-rules-read-before-posting/

Considering the 870dm-g has the same z170 chipset as the P750DM-G, and knowing it is definitely possible to run the 7700k with the right BIOS, I'm a little surprised it hasn't been done yet. This generation of Clevos got the shaft in a big way and it's irritating. At the same time, the 7700k isn't that much faster than the 6700k, however, I have found better deals on the 7700k. If someone can find the time to cook up a stable BIOS, I'm sure there will be plenty of followers who will support his or her endeavors with a donation, as I know I will. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 04/12/2017 at 1:31 PM, Binarious said:

Does the Baked v2 BIOS for the p750DM-G offers Kaby Lake support? I want to run a 7700k in this machine.  

If anyone can confirm this it will be greatly appreciated!

nope.

• BAKED locked, unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic