Logitech G300 gaming mouse?

Staff Sargent

Anyone used or have one of these? getting one on the mail and was wondering what to expect from users. going to do a little google research and see what I can read but wanted trusted sources of info.

not sure on that model but i have used some Logitech mice and they seem nice... been one around working for over 5 years atleast a wireless optical mouse by them.

Logitech stuff is generally pretty good. I still use their G7 mouse and have had and used their mice and keyboards for last 10-15 years or so. To compare I've used Razer stuff and keyboard started getting worn out after 2 months, the mouse surface got permanently stained on the inside with ink (wtf?) and their "imba" $150 mouse died as well.

So yeah, Logitech ftw.

intresting to hear about razer, I have used logitech mice for years really don't like anything else you can get i na retail store. Just never used any of there gaming mice. Thought it would be in today but guess I have to wait another day to see if I can improve my gaming.

• Founder
To compare I've used Razer stuff and keyboard started getting worn out after 2 months, the mouse surface got permanently stained on the inside with ink (wtf?) and their "imba" $150 mouse died as well.

So yeah, Logitech ftw.

My sentiments exactly. My mamba broke (cursor wasn't moving when the mouse is moved) and i had to replace it. On the replacement the rubber buttons became really sticky for some reason after about a month of use. With my M18x i bought the orochi - shittiest mouse ever - cursor sometimes gets stuck on only vertical or only horizontal movement. Don't even want to bother replacing it. Just put it in a drawer, and bought me a Logitech Performace MX, no complaints ever since :)

So yeah, like you said, Logitech FTW! :)

I did hear lots of positive feedback about Razer Deathadder. But my experience with Razer products was somewhat bad. And keep in mind, I have had and used really a lot of their products: Razer Mamba mice (bought two), Razer Lycosa keyboard (they were two most expensive mouse/keyboard I could buy at a time, so we are not talking about cheapest stuff), Razer Megasoma (their most expensive mousepad), Razer Goliathus (which is cheap but btw quite nice) and Razer Destructor (probably their best surface), Razer Kabuto (meh mouse pad, attracts so much dust) and Razer Moray (quite nice earphones). My friend still has Destructor and I think he had no complaints. The best think I like about mamba is comfort which is much better than Logitech G7. Btw I had the exact same bug with Mamba. The cursor gets stuck to only vertical movement. Interesting.

My friend from Europe had some experience with Roccat headphones and their gaming mouse and they seem OK so Roccat may be worth checking out.

The only reason I highly recommend logitech is because I just used their stuff for SO long basically since I had my first computer I used Logitech mice. It's just when I was shopping for mouse they did not have laser wireless mouse. (G7 went out of production and nothing similar came in until a while.)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

I use the Koss Porta Pro as my headphones and i can't complain. They once were very expensive (100+ $) but today can be had for 50.

They were designed in the 80s and they also look like that but the sound is excellent. Plus they got lifetime warranty which i never saw in any other headphones.

i love my deathadder, i had a mamba too but that crapped out on me under a year. but my deathadder is still going strong. also had the orichi too, didn't like it much. my current fav is my rat 7 but i don't think the make a lefty version. i love it since the fit can be adjusted for a totally custom grip.

Logitech FTW, I've had a G9 for the last 3 years, still the best mouse I've ever used. Bought a deathadder black to try and it's so finicky, has to be plugged/unplugged multiple times, doesn't work at all in random systems, and the shape is horrible (for me, that's just preference), but then they put slick plastic on the sides so the damn thing is almost impossible to pick up and move. G300 is a great mouse, if it fits your hand you'll get years of service. :)

well only had it for a few hours but love the feel and the extra buttons are so great. wish it was wireless but otherwise really like this thing. have not gamed really yet but have a BF3 profile setup and a web setup and its really cool. my plantronics game headset and now a gaming mouse and a gaming laptop I should be all set. Can't wait to test this mouse out with photoshop might be able to get some art work done finally.

• Thumbs Up 1

I cannot say I've had many Logitech mice, since if you get one it last for 3-5 years easily. G500 and G700 at my end at the moment, both perform really well. If I were you I'd go for G500. It features the Logitech classic form factor (which I find very comfortable) plus you can adjust mouse's weight what makes the device very accurate. G500 also offers 2x DPI and it only some 10 € more expensive. Anyhow, Logitech is good brand. I am pretty sure G300 will perform well too if you choose to get that one.

• 6 months later...

I dunno about everyone else, but I had a problem with the Logitech software utility "SetPoint" when I bought a Logitech G500 mouse from Best Buy. I also had some lag problems with the mouse where I would move the mouse in game, and the cursor would not move. Hope this doesn't happen to you. I'm using a Razer Deathadder and it's fantastic. I had problems with the original out of box software, but Razer has another software called Synapse which is great! I'm all for Razer. They have some sales going on for the Deathadder. Saw it recently at Best Buy for $39.99. Just know it doesn't have as many buttons as the Naga. It has L/R click, scroll, and two bottons on the left side for forward/backwards when navigating online, or you can assign it a special function. I have liked Logitech over the years as I've bought all kinds of stuff from them. Some Logitech stuff are better than others. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I own a g500 mouse and it is pretty good. I have it about 3 or more years and still works fine. I used a naga mouse for a bit, it felt good but, extensive gaming and this mouse cant go along....On the other hand my g500 is used for extensive gaming, and so far it 's doing well, so yeah logitech ftw!

I own a g500 mouse and it is pretty good. I have it about 3 or more years and still works fine. I used a naga mouse for a bit, it felt good but, extensive gaming and this mouse cant go along....On the other hand my g500 is used for extensive gaming, and so far it 's doing well, so yeah logitech ftw!

Great im glad it has been treating you good for so many years.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Logitech make great mice, my MX518 is still a great mouse, even having it for about 5 years, but the G500 is also a great mouse, The Razor salmosa that come with my g51JX really wasnt that great, and the drivers kept on screwing around with my scroll settings

most people that I have asked, recommend the g400 or g9x. I personally have used mx518, which is still working till this day. Razer deathadder is also another amazing choice, just not the 2013 version cause it breaks way to easily.

This thread is pretty old now. I wish we could change it to, what is the best gaming mouse?

Any one try the G602 and have a real world review? I have the g9x, which is fine, but I need more buttons and a slightly bigger mouse. The g602 & g700 both look good.

• 3 months later...

i would say get a g500, awesome mouse with plenty of buttons and the logitech software for mapping and binding buttons is awesome, pair this with the g13 and you will have the ultimate gaming experince and a 1 up on your oppenents if you use the hardware correctly

I don't have that particular product, but in general Logitech mice have been great for me. Great choice on mice! I especially like the ones that have that curve for the thumb.

I currently use the Logitech G700, it's a beast ;). Though I rarely use the index finger buttons.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My last two main gaming mouses have been the Logitech G500 and the G500s. One thing about Logitech is they have fantastic service, I had an issue with my G500 so I sent in a ticket. All I had to do was send them a copy of my receipt and they shipped me a new mouse!