Possibility of additional voltage? R2?

DR650SE

So with all the brain power on the forum, anyone think it would bw possible to add additional voltage options to the R2? I know Thewizwould be the one to talk about it, but thought someone out there would have some input. Now i KNOW this wouldn't benefit the xm cpus as they produce enough heat, but it would benefit the non xm cpus. I know with the 150mv increase, I could run a 540m at a stable 30% overclock. FSB @ 175mhz. So I think additional voltage could help close the gap between xm and non xm. Or at least make the non xm cpus more find to toy with. Even an extra 150 mv would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that is possible (ie add voltage options for non xm cpus) but I also think one of the best we could/should do (in addition) would be to disable the power supply check in the bios.

This way we could use a higher power PS (300W or more) so we could run full tilt without the power supply tripping.

There is not much more power we could run through the system when running a 940xm, 2x5870etc.......but we cold increase stability.

Its like when I had my Inspiron E1705 and was able to use a XPS M1710 power supply.

That thing would OC like crazy and be super stable.

D.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think that is possible (ie add voltage options for non xm cpus) but I also think one of the best we could/should do (in addition) would be to disable the power supply check in the bios.

This way we could use a higher power PS (300W or more) so we could run full tilt without the power supply tripping.

There is not much more power we could run through the system when running a 940xm, 2x5870etc.......but we cold increase stability.

Its like when I had my Inspiron E1705 and was able to use a XPS M1710 power supply.

That thing would OC like crazy and be super stable.

D.

i'm not sure if disabling the psu warning will let you use more power, the limiting factor is still the bios. i used a 240watt psu on my M15x, it didn't really help anything other then the psu staying cooler over the stock 150watt. on both psu my maximum power draw was about the same 185watts under full load with extreme oc.

• Thumbs Up 1

So with all the brain power on the forum, anyone think it would bw possible to add additional voltage options to the R2? I know Thewizwould be the one to talk about it, but thought someone out there would have some input. Now i KNOW this wouldn't benefit the xm cpus as they produce enough heat, but it would benefit the non xm cpus. I know with the 150mv increase, I could run a 540m at a stable 30% overclock. FSB @ 175mhz. So I think additional voltage could help close the gap between xm and non xm. Or at least make the non xm cpus more find to toy with. Even an extra 150 mv would be nice.

I think voltage should be easy to manipulate in the same way WIZ is planning on tweaking Bios OC. He will still have 5 options like 1%, 2%, 3%, 4%, 5% instead he will relabel those and change the hex value or some sort of value corresponding to that. He spoke about doing it in increments of 2%. I think he would be able to use the 75mv and 150mv and just find out what code it is using for both and try to change the code for 75mv to 150mv code and use a new code for 150mv that would give you the increased voltage. Not sure if he can add more voltage options or just modify the 2 options to use a higher voltage.

• Thumbs Up 1