AFUDOS/AMIBCP "error 43" using /CAF. Does it mean the flashing will fail?

Joseph

I have an Asus X202E that is giving me performance issues with HT. 

Video editing is part of my business. So i do a lot of render. One day i notice a dramatic change with render times by deactivating Cores 1/2 (HT), and i have been obsessed ever since to deactivate Hyper-Threading and leave just the physical cores enabled.

As a result of digging into this i ended up learning some fundamental of Amibcp and afudos.

I must say i have quite a few BAD FLASH experiences from my past days as a technician, and certainly don't want to revisit that agony. Only one time in my entire career i was able to recover an EX600 from MSI using the popular blind flash key combination. But other than that. Nothing. 

I doubt there's a blind flash for this baby i have. Anyway...

I found this command for afudos: "/CAF", that apparently is supposed to test the BIOS before flash.

i get no errors with my Original dump.

But i get error 43 after saving the rom with AMIBCP. 

error 43 " Problem Erasing Flash"

I also made a dump from my wife's netbook which is the same as mine and it passed the /CAF test.

Even saving the ROM with no mods in AMIBCP leads to this error.

Does this error mean that the flashing will fail if i attempt to go with it?

Thank you so much.

-

Edited by Joseph