Alienware M17X R3 poor performance with GTX 680M

Hi everyone,

My Alienware was upgraded from a GTX 580M to a GTX 680M. I Update the Bios to A12 unlocked, installed the new card and after I made a fresh install of Windows 7, and in the end installed the modded driver (change the inf file). So far so good, everything seems to go well.

Then I installed steam and tried some games and the problem started there...when playing CS GO the performance is terrible! I'm playing between 20 to 50 FPS even in low settings. Temperatures are normal. Can anyone help me? Tried Windows 10, 8.1 and the problem persist [emoji21].

Thank you in advance,

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

On 5/14/2017 at 8:43 PM, aconix said:

Hi everyone,

My Alienware was upgraded from a GTX 580M to a GTX 680M. I Update the Bios to A12 unlocked, installed the new card and after I made a fresh install of Windows 7, and in the end installed the modded driver (change the inf file). So far so good, everything seems to go well.

Then I installed steam and tried some games and the problem started there...when playing CS GO the performance is terrible! I'm playing between 20 to 50 FPS even in low settings. Temperatures are normal. Can anyone help me? Tried Windows 10, 8.1 and the problem persist emoji21.png.

Thank you in advance,

did you disable the intel gpu ? or is it working along with the card?\ in optimus mode?

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello ll_r1d0_ll,

Thank you for your time, it is disable and in PEG mode. Maybe a v-bios problem? [emoji45]

Thank you,

• 1 month later...