Lenovo w510

12 g ddr3 ram

intel i7 Q720 @1.6ghz

discreet card: Nvidia Quadro Fx 880M 

egpu setup: GTx 960 card hooked up via exp-gdc v8 dock via pci express card

Using dell 220w psu (12v, 18Amp)

Using an external monitor hooked to 960 via hdmi

The Problem:

Drivers successfully installed, device manager shows GTX 960 and shows it functioning properly. However, no external monitor can be detected.  Aditionally, when installing the 960 drivers, it broke the 880M (shows up as error code 43 in device manager iirc).  So currently I'm stuck with crappy display on the internal monitor (internal graphics? even though I don't have intel integrated graphics..) and no external monitor detected.

I read in the FAQ section that trying to get a dgpu and egpu from nvidia to work is about getting them to run on the same drivers, but it was not clear at all about how to go about doing that.  Plus the cards are so far apart in age I'm not sure how to even begin to go about trying to find a drive that will run both.

What I have done so far:

Disabled pci power managment, this allowed the egpu to be sucessfully detected.  Showed up in device manager as "generic vga device" or something like that.  Downloaded and installed appropriate nvidia drivers for 960, restarted computer. Computer running on crappy internal(?) graphics card (cant even display full screen resolution) , error for dgpu in device manager (error only goes away after uninstalling 960 drivers and reinstalling dgpu drivers), 960 shown as working fine.  Disabled dgpu in device manager (I don't have the option to in the bios for some strange reason, screen shot attached), restarted.  Upon restart device manager shows 960 working fine, however, no external monitor detected and computer internal dsiplay still running on crappy internal(?) graphics card (cant even display full screen resolution).

Any help would be much appreciated.  I feel like I should be pretty close since the egpu was detected and is shown as running ok in the device manager...

bios.jpg

If u get error43 unfortunate as is to get setup 1.35 , as it might resolve issue as it did 4 me ;)

How did setup 1.35 help you? I was considering getting it but wanted to make sure it would actually help me solve my problem. 

well for starters I'm using newest drivers and have no issues ;)

Edited by misiozol

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Hax
      I have tried to update nvidia drivers of my notebook ge72vr6rf apache pro. The only drivers that works are the ones provided by the msi. The problem is that they haven't updated those since 2016 and I can't play newer games. 

Some say you need to mod your 1060 drivers, which I have no idea how to some says you need to update the flags in ini files. So please help me

Thanks for your time.
    • By sam@83
      Hello !
      I tried a tutorial on the forum to remove the supervisor password on a X260 thinkpad but the winbond 25Q128FVPQ chip is not recognized with the programmer CH341A and ASprogramer (does not detect automatically and not manually). Plugged into the motherboard with a soic8.

Can you help me with detection?
      Can I find the password with the software or do I have to write it?

Thank you so much !!!
    • By Cubitci
      To install the unlocked bios, I prepared and booted a freedos usb. I start the installation by typing flash.bat but every time I get the following error: Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash Access. Please contact the target System BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers.
      How can i solve this problem ?
    • By arifhsn
      https://www.sendspace.com/file/0zjk9f

please help i can't access my g5070's advanced menu
    • By raqall
      Hi!

I would love to have my BIOS modded to disable the wireless whitelist.
      I tried to do it myself (dump BIOS from chip, disassemble, locate the reference to the error message "Unauthorized Wireless network card is plugged in..." memory address and modify the condition in the binary file so not to "land" in the infinite loop) but I couldn't dig to anything meaningful I could easily change.

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkPad S440 (TYPE 20BB-S00400)
      BIOS version: 73ET71WW (1.71)
      Original WiFi/BT card: Intel Wireless-N 7260 (7260HMW BN) (vendor: 0x8086, device: 0x08B2, subdevice: 0x4262)
      Target WiFi/BT card: Broadcom BCM94352HMB (I haven't received it yet, waiting for delivery)

Manufacturer BIOS download: bootable ISO, updater for Windows
      My BIOS dump (using CH341A SPI Programmer under Linux): http://www.mediafire.com/file/mn0gfr9ext7yqrn/S440_73ET71WW.bin/file

Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.