Alienware M18X R1 EXP GDC Problems

Hi @ all, i whant to use an EXP graphic adapter with an GTX 1050Ti with ExpressCard on my M18X R1.

I startet with the Adapter and i can install the NVIDIA driver. The GTX was normal detectet. But i have 2 exclamation mark one by the Card and the second by the PCIe adapter (after installing the driver).

I have a GTX 780m with modded driver so i cant switch to onboard graphic (with my older 6990m i can do this).

Error Code 29 (GTX) and Error Code 43 (PCIe).

I want to use the GTX with the Alienware Monitor but i also testet it on an extern Monitor.

So have anybody an idea what i can do?

I'm using the Beast Version 8.4d!

Edited by Masterchief88

Hey there, I see that you are using 1050Ti as your base card...

Please note that that the latest drivers provided by nvidia will install your card(same as mine) but will put an error 43 on it as described here.

The only way I got mine to work was to mod the nvidia driver 372.70 to support my 1050Ti. You can try to google it and use this as a reference.

Also I would suggest disabling your dGPU after installing the nvidia drivers. If you cant acces the iGPU then refer this.

To fix the error code 29, try to refer this

Hope this helped :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.