Gtx 660 fried by an exp gdc 8.4?

Inreals

Hello , i received my exp gdc today and tried it out with my dell latitude e6230 and a gtx 660.

But , after setting everything up, starting the egpu and the pc i saw the fan spinning up for 1/2s then it stop.I'm not sure but i may have seen a flash coming from the fan ( it's a gtx 660 oem).

I checked everything from the voltage of the psu (fine 12V), visual check inside the graphic card (nothing burned) and i tested it on my main computer and the fan didn't spin and no video output.

I'm kinda lost of not being able to say what occured and i wont test my rx480 on this adapter because i don't want the same problem. So what to do now ?

Contact the seller to explain the problem , cry because i've spent  money for nothing and killed my beloved 660. And i don't see other solution since i can't repair my card since it seem fine.

Thank you for your help.

Florian

Edit: I tested the fan outside of the gpu it has fried too.

Edited by Inreals

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.