Low performance with low GPU usage 980m

sslmm

Hi there.

I've been noticing performance drops on some games associated with low GPU usage. The games run fine at 60 fps + for the most part and the gpu usage is above 80%. But in some areas the fps drops dramatically to mid 30fps and the gpu usage drops to 30-40% too. Even on Borderlands Pre-sequel, where the game usually runs at 120-90 fps, sometimes drops to 40-35 fps (with physx on low setting wich i think is the same as OFF).
My CPU usage never hit 99% or near that on that sections so i hope it isn't the CPU bootlecking.
And it isn't Temperature Throttle, because the temps are about 70º on those moments (my gpu only gets really hot when its usage get's above de 90%).

Other thing i noticed was that with the latest nvidia drivers that i got to work (376.33), when i turned physx to higger settings, the performance got a drop but it didn't show any physx effects anywhere on the game. Another thing that doesn't work is the Nvidia Gamestream because it always gives error trying to connect from another device.

Performance wise, it looks like i'm getting the same performance as my girfriends clevo P651SE that has an 970m, and on that laptop, i can connect to nvidia gamestream using the same method that fails on my laptop.

Could the reason be the new drivers? It is getting more dificult to install new drivers on this model and i can see that some functionalities are starting to fail. 
By the way, i don't overclock any of my components.

My System Specs are :

- Clevo P150EM with PremaBios V2 and PremaVbios V2 Flashed

- nvidia 980M
- I7-3820QM

- 16gb of RAM

- Windows 7 64Bits

- 180W powersupply with 1 year of use ( I bought a new one from a CLEVO P651SE because it was smaller than my stock one, and my original was starting to fail, just outputting 130W from the 180W, making my internal display dimm the Light when i pushed my 980m just a little bit more)

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...