clevo 370em no display only external

optikz

i just overclocked using evga precsision thing on my 680m at a safe number i didnt notice any excessive heat. then i installed intel xtu restarted and i had no screens at all not even external. i rebooted into safe mode via external screen and uninstalled gpu drivers i could log into windows now but only with external screen. laptop will not detect its own screen now under device manager? i cant swtich using win+p to it. sometimes i can get the screens backlight to work but its black. i have looked all over. any help?

holy crap i finally figured it out....thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction i would have never found that this was what happened. it took me a while to figure out that that everything was really on the img file from t456 . I kept looking for the instructions through windows. All i had to do was restart and boot from it and all instructions were there.

supposedly it was using precision x and something to do with windows 10 readiness updates and or nvidia drivers. nobody really knows supposedly.

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/evga-precision-x-and-windows-7-8-8-1-and-especially-10-bricking-systems.781467/page-23

Here i downloaded the linux img that is provided. i used the usb tool like is explained in that post to recover the img onto a usb stick.

I was able to use an external monitor using hdmi.

Restarted and booted into linux hitting f7 for boot options to boot from the usb.

started linux without installation which was the first option.

then all files and instructions, including pictures are on the desktop once linux is started.

it was way over my head as to what i was doing but the instructions are very clear. Just restarted and the monitor was back.

the only confusing thing is figuring out what monitor it was. when you start the instructions and find the edid that is corrupted it shows what lcd it was, i also used a tool called moninfo that showed an existing registry of the lcd number in windows.

Edited by optikz

• 3 weeks later...