Laptop Monkey 2920XM x 2 have arrived!

Brian

• Founder

brian-k--albums10-3358.JPG

So laptopmonkey hooked us up with a sweet deal for a pair of 2920xm QS chips, one for me and one for @Michael. We plan to run some gaming benchmarks with 6970M Xfire/6990M Xfire vs 580M SLi with all 3 using 2920xm CPUs so this will be a follow-up to our original M18x review! T|I will hopefully develop a positive working relationship with Laptop Monkey for future tests and promotions as well! Keep an eye out on our forum and website for further news.

post-5-14494992335288_thumb.jpg

Talk about a lot of tape!

post-5-1449499234436_thumb.jpg

Laptop Monkey's cool packaging

post-5-1449499234741_thumb.jpg

2920xm QS in perfect condition and 2 free calculators!

post-5-14494992356044_thumb.jpg

Laptop Monkey branded calculators and a core i7 sticker!

post-5-14494992338466_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992341293_thumb.jpg

post-5-1449499235032_thumb.jpg

post-5-14494992353248_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

woah-ho-ho, website partnerships eh? Stepping up the game there huh T|I admins? Well done if i do say so myself :P

OT: FREEEEEEE STUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!! -ships self to Brian's house-

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

LOL me and Bruna just stopped with out Coca addiction a while ago. Man, we were burning through 3-4 bottles each day.

EDIT: And when i say "Coca" i mean the beverage :D

Edited by Michael
  • Thumbs Up 1

Running my 2960xm OEM @42x 4cores (4.2ghz) I'm getting 30000+ vantage. These CPUs are truly awesome! I run these settings daily and temps are fantastic.. Have fun over clocking make sure you install intel XTU so you push past 44x multis

• Thumbs Up 2

For me its easy... I can't stand the taste of most of the soda in the US, so I don't drink them. (I think the root beer is the only thing I like.) The different kind of sugar they use just spoils the taste tbh. So I am often on the orange juice. :D

• Founder
Running my 2960xm OEM @42x 4cores (4.2ghz) I'm getting 30000+ vantage. These CPUs are truly awesome! I run these settings daily and temps are fantastic.. Have fun over clocking make sure you install intel XTU so you push past 44x multis

Nice, what's your flex and pri plane set at?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Nice, what's your flex and pri plane set at?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

sit tight in my little time i have had lately i have a spreadsheet i am making to be a Grimorim on overclocking these XM's its done in two days or less. Its funny i am picked on for benching all the time when thats what i see here lolz. BTW i havent had time for benching since October so i found that a little funny. I spend more time when i have it coming up with real useful infos then wasting hours on same dumb vantage screen. Thank you. This post i will make will list temps, multis, amps, watts and what core loads were being tested IE 1,2,3,4 or ie 2thread, 4,thread, 6thread, and 8 thread. This is all under load of intel burn test and should be easy for every person in the world to glance at my post and just pick a desired overclock based on the temps you see and ranges possible even what flex was required. i am doing it the right way so in other words... the flex is even documented taking a lot of guessing out. this is based off my latest OEM sample of 2920xm... after that when i have time ill add results from my better overclocking last chip in the same format... but results for that one will be limited since i just recently developed the testing method you will see documented. 4.5ghz will get you around 30,600 cpu in vantage on 6970m so you can get higher on SLI 580... or 6990... with those you can break 31-32k max on overall vanatage score. My latest oem only reaches 5ghz max and cant bench in that range unlike my last oem which could run intel burn test and past on all cores but a full 8thread load... except 2core full load will cause 100c so anyway you will see what i mean in my post for you all. This one will document from about 4.4ghz 8thread overclock to a max of 4.9ghz single core overclock with corresponding values that allow it to function ie example is 4.9ghz single to 3.7ghz 8thread is a overclock i made with this method. i am being a realist not a crazy loon attempting an overclock to the moon. I am trying to provide usefeul data so all of you can overclock quickly from get go... now since all chips are not equal some of these XM's get 4.5ghz max and some get high 5.2ghz max so its up to you to test. I am providing configuration numbers you test a couple on your own and in no time you will know how high you can set yours just follow the way i do my post and you will see this. i hope this misconception of my time is cleared up.

brian-k--albums10-3358.JPG

So laptopmonkey hooked us up with a sweet deal for a pair of 2920xm QS chips, one for me and one for @Michael . We plan to run some gaming benchmarks with 6970M Xfire/6990M Xfire vs 580M SLi with all 3 using 2920xm CPUs so this will be a follow-up to our original M18x review! T|I will hopefully develop a positive working relationship with Laptop Monkey for future tests and promotions as well! Keep an eye out on our forum and website for further news.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3352[/ATTACH]

Talk about a lot of tape!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3355[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3356[/ATTACH]

Laptop Monkey's cool packaging

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3357[/ATTACH]

2920xm QS in perfect condition and 2 free calculators!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3360[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3361[/ATTACH]

Laptop Monkey branded calculators and a core i7 sticker!

Brian will they still send 3920xm ES too i am interested in buying one direct perhaps when they do this or after. could be amazing if they let us test and is usable in M18x.

thanks mw86 will try it :)

when i was able to BF3 it ran great and so did Skyrim like that....i used it for 3 months straight no issues. Runs easily in 4.4ghz for most games and apps under heavy load it drops like IBT and prime 95 type load so its runs fast but drops so heat isnt an issue at 8thread. I set it at lower watts and kept adding till i felt the max temps were going to be to high if i went higher. I found this one thing to be true use really high amps 300 or 2400 primary plane was plenty for any overlock you will do... Then just use watts to limit it.. Your cpu wont ever use 300 amps but it makes the max watt limit unwaivering as in 97amp stock at 97watt runs way slower than 300 amp 97watt. The reverse is slower to 300watt at 97 amp will never beat 97watt at 300 amp. Hope it works great for ya let me know i always like to know how things run for you guys :)

Come to thinknofnit i posted about thatboverclock i had maybe 85c max in bf3 on any given core

Edited by mw86