N550JV bios unlock (advanced, chipset menu)?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there, hopefully Klem is still around modding these! I was wondering if it would be possible to unlock RAID options in the N550JV bios, or just unlock everything that's hidden! :D

Here's my results.rar file:

https://app.box.com/s/a83sftlby54al8aumktjy7yoxi6s6w4d

THANK YOU!

Edited by homefloyd
updated link with proper file

• Bios Modder
On 7/7/2020 at 10:05 PM, homefloyd said:

Hi there, hopefully Klem is still around modding these! I was wondering if it would be possible to unlock RAID options in the N550JV bios, or just unlock everything that's hidden! :D

Here's my results.rar file:

https://app.box.com/s/a83sftlby54al8aumktjy7yoxi6s6w4d

THANK YOU!

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Bios Modder
36 minutes ago, Alexxkidd said:

Is it possible to unlock the gpu overclock,

Have you tried for overclock GPU, use Nvidia Inspector utility or ASUS GPU Tweak utility?

42 minutes ago, Alexxkidd said:

the fan speed

Fan speed control placed in EC firmware (not in bios). But I don't work with EC firmware.

44 minutes ago, Alexxkidd said:

cpu overclock?

No, in this laptop model CPU doesn't support overclock.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi, I've a problem with my ASUS N550JV-CN150H, I had a corrupted bios so my PC started only one time every 30 reboot, sometimes it booted after 10 seconds of black screen, sometimes after 10 minutes of black screen... I tried to solve this problem reflashing the correct bios... The problem was that in this condition I cannot flash the bios with winflash because when the software says "flash will be completed after reboot" my pc won't reboot so it won't completed the flash... While Easy Flash (from bios) said me that the version that I'm trying to flash is too old, even the last one (the same version of the bios)... The only solution I found was to flash through AFUDOS, so I downloaded the .208 version of the bios from the asus site, I estract the body (.rom file) with UEFITool and finally flashed it with AFUDOS, the flash was completed perfectly, now the pc works great at every boot... But watching the bios I see that it lost the serial number of the motherboard and Secure Boot, Fast Boot and Launch CSM features disappeared from the bios... Furthermore the backlit (retroillumination) of the keyboard doesn't work anymore... Unfortunately I did not backup my original .rom file, could someone help me to recreate it to make the previous things work again? Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English (I'm Italian)

• Bios Modder
9 hours ago, GiuseppeC said:

Hi, I've a problem with my ASUS N550JV-CN150H, I had a corrupted bios so my PC started only one time every 30 reboot, sometimes it booted after 10 seconds of black screen, sometimes after 10 minutes of black screen... I tried to solve this problem reflashing the correct bios... The problem was that in this condition I cannot flash the bios with winflash because when the software says "flash will be completed after reboot" my pc won't reboot so it won't completed the flash... While Easy Flash (from bios) said me that the version that I'm trying to flash is too old, even the last one (the same version of the bios)... The only solution I found was to flash through AFUDOS, so I downloaded the .208 version of the bios from the asus site, I estract the body (.rom file) with UEFITool and finally flashed it with AFUDOS, the flash was completed perfectly, now the pc works great at every boot... But watching the bios I see that it lost the serial number of the motherboard and Secure Boot, Fast Boot and Launch CSM features disappeared from the bios... Furthermore the backlit (retroillumination) of the keyboard doesn't work anymore... Unfortunately I did not backup my original .rom file, could someone help me to recreate it to make the previous things work again? Thank you very much and sorry for my bad English (I'm Italian)

Hi!

In your case, try to download the latest bios version from ASUS website, and flash it in Windows with WinFlash utility, with command:  winflash /nodate

Check your Inbox.

• 3 months later...

Hi klem, im new on this community, i've found this thread and i'm happy to find a good person with the skills and time to help us! Thanks in advance

I wrote because i ask your help, i have an Asus N550jk with 850m i want to overclock my vbios, because now i use afterburner but don't make big difference, then i think a vbios mod can makes the difference because work more deeply  I am wrong? If i upload my bios can you mod for me with the best value, i can make by my own if you can link me some good info about doing that. I play warzone and if you think modding the bios can help me, i want to do. I run windows 10 to modify the bios i need a bios dump from my machine or i can start using the lastest bios available from Asus N550JK support site, or is an unsupported format.

Thanks for your support

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Paranormal said:

Hi klem, im new on this community, i've found this thread and i'm happy to find a good person with the skills and time to help us! Thanks in advance

I wrote because i ask your help, i have an Asus N550jk with 850m i want to overclock my vbios, because now i use afterburner but don't make big difference, then i think a vbios mod can makes the difference because work more deeply  I am wrong? If i upload my bios can you mod for me with the best value, i can make by my own if you can link me some good info about doing that. I play warzone and if you think modding the bios can help me, i want to do. I run windows 10 to modify the bios i need a bios dump from my machine or i can start using the lastest bios available from Asus N550JK support site, or is an unsupported format.

Thanks for your support

Hi!

You can post here your file backup (dump) of bios. I can take a look.
For creating backup of bios you can use backup utility from link below. Extract attached archive directly on the Desktop and run the utility as Administrator (right click mouse). Program will create archive "results" directly on the Desktop. Send me this archive "results" or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/mxoavw

or

http://www120.zippyshare.com/v/NC9WuxRI/file.html

Unbelievable you reply in 1h, amazing. Thanks Klem the right person in the right thread!!

I'm really grateful for your help, i'm not a noob then i can make what you ask me without problem, i really appreciate that you spending your time helping us.

I want to make things right, then the first question is:

Before start i let you know that my bios version on my N550JK is not the latest, then i ask you is best to update to last version or i stay with my non updated version of the BIOS? ( i think it's best to update but i wait your confirm. I don't think the version makes difference  but i don't want have problem beacuse i've updated BIOS to last version, i don t know if there is some lock in overclocking in the lastest bios version)

If you can reply today i will do my homework, post bios link or update bios and post bios link.

I know im in good hands, but if you have time can you tell me wich values you change? you change the core clock and the memory clock only? I've already change this value using afterburner but if i understand modding vbios can result in a big difference, i read that the 850m can became like an 860m?

I work in electronics repair if i can help you in something it s a pleasure for me

Thanks Thanks Thanks

• Bios Modder
5 minutes ago, Paranormal said:

i ask you is best to update to last version or i stay with my non updated version of the BIOS? ( i think it's best to update but i wait your confirm. I don't think the version makes difference  but i don't want have problem beacuse i've updated BIOS to last version, i don t know if there is some lock in overclocking in the lastest bios version)

I think bios version doesn't matter. It's at your discretion only.

Hi thanks for fast reply, i think it's best to update the bios before mod the bios because i have an old BIOS version, if it doesn't change nothing i prefer to update, you think i should?

Thanks, just when you answer i proceed and tomorrow i upload my bios.

Thanks GURU

Just finished to update my bios from version 204 to version 210, attach is the dump of my bios.

Can you simply explain me what value you modifiy in vbios? With the modded bios the overclock is always present, right? i don't have to activate or use some kind of software for enable that?I can flash the modded bios like a normal one?

Wait for your news

https://www.sendspace.com/file/3qrlz4

• Bios Modder
4 hours ago, Paranormal said:

Just finished to update my bios from version 204 to version 210, attach is the dump of my bios.

Can you simply explain me what value you modifiy in vbios? With the modded bios the overclock is always present, right? i don't have to activate or use some kind of software for enable that?I can flash the modded bios like a normal one?

Wait for your news

https://www.sendspace.com/file/3qrlz4

Ok. Check your PM. 

Hi at all!

i wrote because i have a gtx 850m with vbios, and i want to ask to someone with experience or who already did it wich are the best oc settings for a gtx 850M

I know oc value is relative depending on temperature and other thing, but how much i can raise at max, the clock, the memory or undervolt of an 850m without problem?

I read somewhere that the 850m can became like an 860m? is it true?

Regards Samuel