e-gpu solution using a zbox or similar?

Wolfstorm

Hi. I'm looking for a portable solution for my desktop. I don't want to buy a expensive gaming laptop which will have heat problems while gaming, so I was looking for a desktop replacement that can fit a backpack.

So far, I find people talking about mini-itx computers. But these are heavy, and dont fit in a backpack most of the time (specially those squared ones). Also I would not be able to carry them during flights since the airport have restrictions on carry-on bagage weight.

I have been looking for nano-itx computers then. Barebones capable of having hdd, ssd and ram of my choice. However, there's a problem, most of these dont have good graphic cards, so I was wondering if I can have a e-gpu solution for games, alongside a mini graphics card. Checked for thunderbolt, but most of them dont have it. What barebone have thunderbolt or pci-express card slot? Will they work fine with a portable Gechic 15 inches monitor with hdmi? Can you recommend one that would provide a good solution? Mini-itx are still not portable enough.

• 3 weeks later...

4 this to be very portable and fast look any barebone with TB3 google is ur friend here , as far as card best is to get gtx980/TI or if u can afford gtx1080/TI as they have best power usage to frame rate ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.