[SOLVED] Lenovo G580 modified bios setting change resulted in black screen of death

The problem is, after flashing Lenovo G580 (20150) BIOS with modded bios and changing monitor settings to "auto", the laptop won't boot, nothing appears...BLACK SCREEN and one short beep. I already tried "blindly" to enter the bios set up and set default settings and save&exit but no luck. Also i have cleared the cmos cache many times.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

[EDIT]: [SOLVED]

Guys, i did it the hard way! I bought a BIOS chips (cuz it was 2 for some reason) from eBay and replaced the older ones. It was very scary thing to do but eventually i made it with success!! I don't recommend to anyone replacing the bios chip from motherboard and swap them with new, cuz it is very dangerous, especially for those who don't have soldering and disoldering experience with soldering iron. You can do this with heat gun too. Also you can use a SPI programmer to reprogram bios directly to mobo (this is better way) but again...it requires some skills using these tools. MOST IMPORTANT THING: DO NOT FLASH YOUR WORKING BIOS!!!! If you have only one pc or laptop and you using it every day and it's important to you...DO NOT FLASH BIOS WITH CUSTOM BIOS. If your machine is working DO NOT TOUCH THE BIOS. On the other hand, if you have a pc or laptop and it's not a big deal for you if you brake it....go for it...flash your damn bios...play with it as long as you want!!!

Edited by Bill.gr

9 minutes ago, senso said:

Reflash the stock BIOS, probably your modded bios is non functional.

can you be more specific on how to do that? should i download official bios .exe file and extract it in order to get the .bin file and then put it on usb root directory and flash it with Fn+R combo?

Just now, senso said:

Where did you get the modified BIOS?

You flashed a random downloaded BIOS into your pc without making a backup of your BIOS first?

I did a backup of my working bios. I get the modded bios and instructions from another user here on techinferno.

Maybe something went wrong during the flash.

Have you tried removing your RAM(s) stick(s) and trying one by one, and also, clean then with a white rubber very gently.

If not, there should be some key combo that should enable rescue BIOS flash, that will read the bios from a usb stick with a specific file name, sorry for being vague, I dont know a lot about Lenovo.

2 minutes ago, senso said:

Maybe something went wrong during the flash.

Have you tried removing your RAM(s) stick(s) and trying one by one, and also, clean then with a white rubber very gently.

If not, there should be some key combo that should enable rescue BIOS flash, that will read the bios from a usb stick with a specific file name, sorry for being vague, I dont know a lot about Lenovo.

Don't be sorry m8. The fact that you replied to this topic is already a good thing...no worries. :) I tried to remove the ram sticks and did what you are suggesting but no luck. I didn't find any key combo that could rescue bios flash yet....i hope for someone with that kind of information will reply to this topic and save my @ss!!

• Bill.gr changed the title to [SOLVED] Lenovo G580 modified bios setting change resulted in black screen of death