Jump to content
EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Klem

Lenovo Z710, Z510 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, hacek said:

Hi Can You help me with my BIOS ?? I want to change wifi card.

As I remember I was trying to do this some time ago You sent me file but I don't know what I did with them :)

https://www.sendspace.com/file/12x8vk

 

With Your prepared file I just need to flash bios ?

Hi! 

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi dear Klem
I have a lenovo z510 ideapad that nvidia Gpu (740m) not detected after Bios Update  (2 months ago).

I dont know how to backup my current Bios or Dump . 
but I know that's version is 8DCN40WW.

Also I try for Downgrade Bios To version 39 But I could'nt.  (Also I try for Clear Cmos by remove motherboard Cmos battery and discharging that for 15 minutes.)

please give me solution if you know how to downgrade Z510 Bios to a fixed bios version that detect my Nvidia 740m Gpu.

thanks , and so sorry for my bad English.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Era4Nima said:

Hi dear Klem
I have a lenovo z510 ideapad that nvidia Gpu (740m) not detected after Bios Update  (2 months ago).

I dont know how to backup my current Bios or Dump . 
but I know that's version is 8DCN40WW.

Also I try for Downgrade Bios To version 39 But I could'nt.  (Also I try for Clear Cmos by remove motherboard Cmos battery and discharging that for 15 minutes.)

please give me solution if you know how to downgrade Z510 Bios to a fixed bios version that detect my Nvidia 740m Gpu.

thanks , and so sorry for my bad English.

Hi!

Go in bios setup menu, on the tab "Configuration" search "Bios Back Flash" option, enable it. Then press F10 button to save, then press Enter button. Done. Now you can downgrade your bios version.

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/8dcn39ww.exe

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Go in bios setup menu, on the tab "Configuration" search "Bios Back Flash" option, enable it. Then press F10 button to save, then press Enter button. Done. Now you can downgrade your bios version.

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/8dcn39ww.exe

 

Thanks.
I tested that (after enabling backflash in bios ) and this happened : https://www.sendspace.com/file/gswafk

Error : Firmware Update failed ! ! ! 

and in left bottom of page : Error : Update Bios Failed!

i sent you my results in pm ! how can i flash it ?? Im in windows 10.

Edited by Era4Nima

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Era4Nima said:

Thanks.
I tested that (after enabling backflash in bios ) and this happened : https://www.sendspace.com/file/gswafk

Error : Firmware Update failed ! ! ! 

and in left bottom of page : Error : Update Bios Failed!

i sent you my results in pm ! how can i flash it ?? Im in windows 10.

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you remove wifi whitelist from my z510 (i7-4702mq/740m)

 

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5jw69g

 

Dump created with Backup_Tools19

 

Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Klem, first of all thank you for your work and your infinite patience.

I pass you to the copy of the bios of an Ideapad Z510, this windows 10 64 bits and SSD.

It gave some errors, I don't know if it will be valid. In case of being valid, I would obtain instructions to proceed later.

Thanks a lot!!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5pmt8n

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bas said:

Hello Klem, first of all thank you for your work and your infinite patience.

I pass you to the copy of the bios of an Ideapad Z510, this windows 10 64 bits and SSD.

It gave some errors, I don't know if it will be valid. In case of being valid, I would obtain instructions to proceed later.

Thanks a lot!!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5pmt8n

Hi! 

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nideloco said:

I have tried uploading my modified bios but fptw64.exe throws me an error 7.

I am attaching the original bios extracted with the BACKUP_tools12_2.exe tool.

Thanks a lot.

 

https://www.sendspace.com/file/939jfq

Hi! 

Ok. Check your Inbox.

  • Thumbs Up 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hola Klem

On 1/13/2021 at 7:20 PM, Bas said:

Hello Klem, first of all thank you for your work and your infinite patience.

I pass you to the copy of the bios of an Ideapad Z510, this windows 10 64 bits and SSD.

It gave some errors, I don't know if it will be valid. In case of being valid, I would obtain instructions to proceed later.

Thanks a lot!!

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5pmt8n

 

I'm back, this time with the right amount of beer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bas said:

Hola Klem

 

I'm back, this time with the right amount of beer

Hi! 

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, aword said:

Hi Klem,

Could I ask for wifi unlok for z510?
Rom: https://www.sendspace.com/file/vt9zrr

Is there is an easy way to flash moded rom file? Disable function for WWAN/WLAN in hex, but didn't manage to flash rom :(

Hi! 

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2021 at 1:22 PM, Jago said:

Hi Klem

 I would love to have the whitelist removed + bios unlocked on my z710. I have attached my results.rar here:

 

https://www.sendspace.com/file/5goump

 

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi! 

Ok. Your unlocked bios done. Check your Inbox.

Edited by Klem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, markul4003 said:

HI Klem, i also would like to have whitelist removed and bios unlocked on my Z510.

My bios:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/bc7161

Thank you very much for help

Hi! 

Ok. Check PM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kroffdor said:

Hello, Klem! 

Could you remove whitelist for wi-fi module on my z510 laptop please?

https://www.sendspace.com/file/r35nfw

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Hi! 

Ok. Check your Inbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Similar Content

    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad X240.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden advanced menus and settings in bios setup menu, or upgrade to new display (with brightness control), then you can post your request in this thread.
      Important!
      For creating your personal bios dump and to flash your bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!
       
      Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.
       
       

      CH341A programmer:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-Programmer-CH341A-Series-Burner-Chip-24-EEPROM-BIOS-Writer-25-SPI-Flash-AU/153117073868?epid=577511738&hash=item23a67d21cc:g:XKEAAOSw5UdbW-iL
       
      https://www.amazon.com/Parts-tower-CH341A-Programmer-Software/dp/B01FVVHCVC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1522179315&sr=8-4&keywords=ch341a&dpID=51BO7eGgO5L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
       
      SOIC8/SOP8 test clip:
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Soic8-Sop8-Flash-Chip-Ic-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-Bios-24-25-93-Programmer/201414947737?hash=item2ee5443399:g:up8AAOSw1Fda8qkt
       
      https://www.amazon.ca/MAUSAN-Socket-Adapter-150MIL-205MIL/dp/B06ZYSNJF3/ref=pd_sbs_21_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=XM79QJWGED6B4K2VEZDJ
       
      How to use it:
       
      Also, you can search on YouTube a lot of guide for CH341a.
    • By spiderthink
      Hi,
      I am looking to remove the bios wifi whitelist restriction for a Lenovo G700 version 7ACN89WW . This is version 3.07
      I have used a programmer to read direclly from bios chip but it has failed. Is there any other method available to remove bios restriction from this laptop?
       
       
       
    • By MitjaStachowiak
      Hello,
      does anyone know, which is the chip holding the VBIOS-ROM on an AMD Pro-WX 7100?
       
      I've two AMD Pro WX 7100 which doesn't work. One has maybe a wrong VBIOS and gets deativated in BIOS before any system boots. The other one is not recognized by the MB so I suspect this one to be defective and un-soldered two chips, which I suspect to be the VBIOS-ROM:
       

       
      On earlier GPUs, the VBIOS was the chip closer to the GPU. But here, this chip has a bottom SMD contact which looks more like some power electronics...
      So before I start soldering on the probably working GPU - can you tell me, which actually is the VBIOS?

      Thanks.
       
       
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.