EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Klem

Lenovo Z710, Z510 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan whitelist mod / vbios mod

Hi,

I want to upgrade my CPU from a Core i7-4702mq to a Core i7-4900mq. Same socket. Same chipset. My concern is, will the whitelist removal allow me to easily swap between these two without problems?

Thank you!

5 hours ago, jaum said:

Hi,

I want to upgrade my CPU from a Core i7-4702mq to a Core i7-4900mq. Same socket. Same chipset. My concern is, will the whitelist removal allow me to easily swap between these two without problems?

Thank you!

Hi!

For upgrade your CPU from i7-4702mq to i7-4900mq you don't need unlocked bios. There are no CPU whitelist.

1 hour ago, Klem said:

Hi!

For upgrade your CPU from i7-4702mq to i7-4900mq you don't need unlocked bios. There are no CPU whitelist.

So I can just put it in and it will work? Any ideas who might have done the same here? Btw, the y510p has an i7 4900mq variant and an i7 4700mq just like the our z510.

10 minutes ago, jaum said:

So I can just put it in and it will work?

Yes. But i7-4900mq will generate significantly more heat and the laptop may overheat.

27 minutes ago, Klem said:

Yes. But i7-4900mq will generate significantly more heat and the laptop may overheat.

As much as my research goes, the 4900mq has the same TDP as the 4700mq which some z510 model has. I'm also thinking of replacing the old panel to a FHD 120/144Hz panel as well. Will this one require a BIOS unlock or a whitelist removal?

Hi Klem,

Ive just send you a PM to help me with this bios whitelist thing.

Thanks you very much in advance.

1 minute ago, sorinacho4567 said:

Hi Klem,

Ive just send you a PM to help me with this bios whitelist thing.

Thanks you very much in advance.

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

30 minutes ago, dGSpiR said:

I want change my wifi card please help me with this bios whitelist and unlock battery + menu! (lenovo ideapad z710)

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/YWuC/2buHMfi6e

Hi!

Just read the first post of this thread and prepare bios backup as described.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, dGSpiR said:

Ok. You want to unlock hidden Advanced settings in bios setup menu? Or unlock Lenovo's whitelist for upgrade Wi-Fi card? Or both options?

Edited by Klem

Preferably both items, but in priority whitelist

8 minutes ago, dGSpiR said:

Preferably both items, but in priority whitelist

Ok. Check PM.

3 minutes ago, jaum said:

I was successful in replacing my LCD to 1080p 120Hz, I'm ready to mod the BIOS now for egpu options. Here's my backup:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/10750j

Hi!

In your bios I can unlock Lenovo's WWAN and WLAN whitelist for upgrade Wi-Fi card, also I can unlock hidden advanced settings in bios setup menu. But I don't know if it can help you with your project.

1 minute ago, Klem said:

Hi!

In your bios I can unlock Lenovo's WWAN and WLAN whitelist for upgrade Wi-Fi card, also I can unlock hidden advanced settings in bios setup menu. But I don't know if it can help you with your project.

Alright. Let's do them both.

3 minutes ago, jaum said:

Alright. Let's do them both.

Ok. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, Filemon said:

Hello, can you unlock my Z710 BIOS ? I want to upgrade my wifi card to something with dual band. Here is link to my BIOS: https://www.sendspace.com/file/5exox7

Hi!

Ok. Check your Inbox.