Cannot DSDT override or identify eGPU

Hello people of Tech Inferno.

I am trying to get my laptop withing with an eGPU, i have:

Lenovo e540 laptop,

EXP GDC Beast 8.4d with mPCIe connector,

Nvidia GTS 450,

Power X3 450W PSU,

eGPU setup 1.30

Initially I would get a black screen when trying to boot with the eGPU connected and when trying with plugging the mPCIe connector in during boot I got this error:

"0187: EAIA data access error.

2201: Machine UUID is invalid."

Connecting the GPU to an external monitor has no effect.

I got around this by putting tape on one of the pins as per this post.

After that I no longer get the black screen but windows 7 does not detect the GPU, the fan on the GPU still spins when the laptop turns on and there is a green light on the EXP GDC.

I followed the guide on this post but I got this BSOD once rebooting after applying the DSDT override in step 2:

"The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x0000000000000006,0xFFFFFA80066BCD50,0xFFFFFA8007103CAB,0XFFFFFA80074FD340)"

Does anyone have and suggestions or advice?

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE:

Was able to get Win 7 to detect the GPU when swapping the mPCIe connector while in sleep mode but now I have error 12.

UPDATE:

Tried the DSDT override guide here but loading dsdt-modified.aml as a registry override causes a blue screen and setup 1.3 hangs when loading the dsdt-modified.aml as an in-memory substitution, it does not hang when the SATA mode is changed from AHCI to Compatibility but it is too fast for me to tell what it does and it causes windows to freeze on boot once it is done with no effect on memory for the next boot.

Got it working, just trying to get the laptop to switch to the eGPU now.

Edited by 09williamsad

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.