Cannot DSDT override or identify eGPU

Hello people of Tech Inferno.

I am trying to get my laptop withing with an eGPU, i have:

Lenovo e540 laptop,

EXP GDC Beast 8.4d with mPCIe connector,

Nvidia GTS 450,

Power X3 450W PSU,

eGPU setup 1.30

Initially I would get a black screen when trying to boot with the eGPU connected and when trying with plugging the mPCIe connector in during boot I got this error:

"0187: EAIA data access error.

2201: Machine UUID is invalid."

Connecting the GPU to an external monitor has no effect.

I got around this by putting tape on one of the pins as per this post.

After that I no longer get the black screen but windows 7 does not detect the GPU, the fan on the GPU still spins when the laptop turns on and there is a green light on the EXP GDC.

I followed the guide on this post but I got this BSOD once rebooting after applying the DSDT override in step 2:

"The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS.

Technical information:

***STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x0000000000000006,0xFFFFFA80066BCD50,0xFFFFFA8007103CAB,0XFFFFFA80074FD340)"

Does anyone have and suggestions or advice?

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE:

Was able to get Win 7 to detect the GPU when swapping the mPCIe connector while in sleep mode but now I have error 12.

UPDATE:

Tried the DSDT override guide here but loading dsdt-modified.aml as a registry override causes a blue screen and setup 1.3 hangs when loading the dsdt-modified.aml as an in-memory substitution, it does not hang when the SATA mode is changed from AHCI to Compatibility but it is too fast for me to tell what it does and it causes windows to freeze on boot once it is done with no effect on memory for the next boot.

Got it working, just trying to get the laptop to switch to the eGPU now.

Edited by 09williamsad

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By TheLoser1124
      Hello, A couple of days ago I got a new GPU but when I installed it into my computer I was unable to use it but now I know why. When checking the device manger I went into the events tab of my GPU when I went to view all events, I noticed an error it said " event 411 kernel PnP " and It also said Problem Status: 0xC01E0438. I believe this is why my GPU hasn't been working on my PC. If you know how to fix this problem or have info on how to fix this problem that would be greatly appreciated. I'm also using a EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660.
    • By TheLoser1124
      I'm having a problem where my PC is saying my eGPU is not usable, its detected in the Device Manager and it doesn't have the yellow triangle next to it. I cant use it games and the Nvidia Control Panel doesn't recognize it either. I'm using a EVGA NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660. I'm using windows 10 and I tried DDU and reinstalling them and now I cant access the nvidia control panel. The GPU is not recognize on any other apps and I went on *********** and was unable to find my answer, Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Radstark
      Title sums it up.

TL;DR: we have a Clevo that runs a desktop CPU, one with those huge 82 Wh batteries. We remove the GPU and let it use the CPU's integrated graphics. How much time for the battery to go from 100 to 0? Is it comparable to an ultrabook's?

I'm theorizing a mobile set with a static eGPU and an upgradable CPU. Given a hypothetical user that needs fast processing on the go and long battery life while retaining very high degrees of mobility, but at home wants a powerful machine to run most games, I guess that would be their best bet. It would surely be more convenient to keep everything in the same disk. And even though the thing would be quite heavy to carry around, changing CPU would be more cost-efficient than changing an entire laptop. (Not sure if I'm right here, and also I'm not sure whether the motherboard in a Clevo would be replaceable when the new CPU needs a different socket, which is another reason why I'm asking here.)

If my above guesses aren't correct, then an ultrabook with Thunderbolt and without a dedicated GPU would be a better choice. If they are, then we would be carrying more weight in exchange of a more cost-efficient setup, which I think would be a fair tradeoff.

Also I am aware of the heating problems that these laptops suffer from, at least compared to a desktop setup. Would they be solved by moving the GPU out of the chassis, and instead plugging it with an eGPU dock via Thunderbolt port?

What do you think? Is it doable? If not, why?
    • By sam@83
      Hello !
      I tried a tutorial on the forum to remove the supervisor password on a X260 thinkpad but the winbond 25Q128FVPQ chip is not recognized with the programmer CH341A and ASprogramer (does not detect automatically and not manually). Plugged into the motherboard with a soic8.

Can you help me with detection?
      Can I find the password with the software or do I have to write it?

Thank you so much !!!
    • By Cubitci
      To install the unlocked bios, I prepared and booted a freedos usb. I start the installation by typing flash.bat but every time I get the following error: Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash Access. Please contact the target System BIOS vendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers.
      How can i solve this problem ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.