ideapad Y500 SLI not showing in nvidia control panel

rancorx2

hi,

i've had a old y500 collecting dust that i refurbished and added a 2nd gt 650m to give it sli, i just around to installing windows 10 x64 the other day and decided to to set it up properly for some gaming but i can't enable sli, there's no options in the nvidia control panel.

tried old drivers and new but still no sli :(

not sure what to do, both cards show up in device manager, gpu-z and the nvidia control panel, tried to find registry enteries on the web to enable sli but came up with nothing, does anyone have a solution?

Hey there, rancorx2. I'm not sure how much help I can be, but maybe my suggestion can help narrow down the problem. When I upgraded my Y500 to Windows 10 with a clean install, I vaguely remember having some issues with SLI, initially.. Perhaps, try the following:

Download the latest Nvidia drivers from their website, then uninstall all Nvidia drivers and software, completely, from your laptop. Reboot, reinstall everything, and reboot again.

Optionally, you could disable the Windows update service temporarily, at the beginning of this process, to prevent it from attempting to reinstall a driver automatically. I'm not totally sure, but I feel like my issues in the past had something to do with Windows update and the way it handled this. Or, perhaps, letting Windows install the driver for you, first, then updating it, might work.

Another option: Choosing to "clean install" in Nvidia installer vs not choosing the clean install. This may or may not make a difference, but I've heard it might in some cases.

You might have to attempt this multiple times, from what I gather from other, similar cases on other forums. If a third or fourth attempt with variations (like disabling wupdate) doesn't fix it, then this is probably not the issue.

Lastly, I found a slightly old guide along the same lines as the steps I listed, above, that you may prefer to check out, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/3fdcqw/upgrading_to_windows_10_read_me_first/

Good luck, I hope this helps in some way!