Dell Latitude e6330 EXP GDC v8 no video under load

So i have my adapter connected to the mini pci-e of the laptop. I everything boots up just fine and i can do normal tasks. But whenever i open a game the graphics card still runs but the screen turns off. I can still hear the music from the game from  the laptop's speakers, but somehow the game crashes and i have to hard reset the laptop to get video signal again. 

What might be causing this? I would appreciate any help and thanks in advance

My setup is:

Dell latitude e6330. Core i5 3380m 8gb ddr3. 2 dimms. EXP GDC v8, mini pcie. Zotac GTX 650 ti. Corsair CX500 psu. Bios A18 (lastest for my dell) 

I have the extact same setup, but with Nvidia 780 GTX card have the same issue, however for me after awhile within windows the screen goes in save mode while I can still hear system running. When starting game I get same issue as DannielTorres.

I already installed BIOS version A17, A16 & I am now on A18.

I also tried to play around with DIY eGPU Setup 1.35 forcing the port to run on 5GB, but with no luck.

I also installed the latest Nvidia drivers, last release is from April. Also reinstalled the OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit with no luck. I have the same issue in Windows 7 64bit.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello DanniielTorros,

I gave up on the e6330, however I went to Used Products shop in the Netherlands and exchanged it for E5440 laptop which has better specs and only was 100 euro extra in trade and with this laptop works prefectly.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Tiago 

if game crashes it's usually to low amps from psu , usually they over stated amps , look how much amps psu have and remove from it 15-20% that will give u estimate of real life psu power , then count how much ur gpu needs and add more 30% then ur safe, all counted in amps with 12v line only must be in psu specs ;) 

Edited by misiozol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.