Help needed for 2012 Mac Mini, Sonnet IIID and NVIDIA

dmsaudio

I have a 2012 Mac Mini running 10.10.5, a Sonnet IID thunderbolt chassis and a NVIDIA GT120 or an AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card to work with.  The AMD is currently in my 2009 MP and thats why I have the GT120 available.  From what I've read the AMD cards probably won't work.  I know the GT120 is not a great card but want to see if I can make this work before spending any more $ on an eGPU.  (I have the IIID for my Pro Tools HDX card)  I did modify some kext file based on an article I found before the Techinferno forums:  but so far no luck.  I have been going through some info on this site and just not sure how to proceed.  Thanks.

/System/Library/Extensions/NVDAStartup.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/IONDRVSupport.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext

but so far no luck.  I have been going through some info on this site and just not sure how to proceed.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

So I got the Mac Mini to work...upgrade to Sierra and ran the automated script.  The Mac Mini sees the GT120 and the GT120 sees my displays.  However they are both just black screens.  Anyone help with what I should do to get rid of black screens????

• 2 weeks later...