EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Sign in to follow this  
gs44

iBuyPower CZ-17 ,MS-1762, one of the barebone versions of the GT70

Hello,

I have a iBuyPower CZ-17 (which is a rebranded MS-1762, one of the barebone versions of the MSI GT70) and thanks to this site and svl7, I have my MSI 680m unlocked and overclocked and working great in this laptop. 

I also have the MSI fan control software found on this site working properly.. Thanks!!

So now this leads me to my question, has anybody or does anybody know if I can flash the bios on this laptop mainboard with the MSI GT70 Bios version found on this site that unlocks and unhide all the Bios settings??

as I said it is a IBuypower CZ-17 which is a rebranded MS-1762, one of the barebone versions of the GT70.

It has Intel Core I7 3740QM

MSI GTX 680m   

Here is a copy of the Bios this system used if someone could compare it to the MSI GT70  or MS-1762 that knows more than me.

Thanks

OrigMoboBios.rom

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Lyserk
      Hi everyone \0/
      I have same problem with upgrade my GT70 (880M stock). I buy 970M from MSI vendor, sawed the heatsink for this card, also I have last version of BIOS and Firmware, but when I try flash vbios nvflash shows ERROR: No NVIDIA display adapters found. I tried to write nvflash --protectoff, reinstall BIOS and Firmware, disconnected the battery BIOS, but nothing! And i see some interesting fact, in BIOS my laptop is signed as GT70-2OC, but if i have 880M it signed as GT70-2PE. I don't undestand, what I need doing?

• By Vykyan
      Hi all,

After giving up on trying to use the Maxwell Tweaker II, I'd like to request an unlocked vBios for this Laptop's GPU;

Laptop: MSI Dominator GT70 2QD
      GPU: 970M 3GB

Attached is the stock vBios dumped by me using NVFlash.

Thanks!

MSI Dominator GT70 2QD 970M 3GB STOCK vBios.rom
    • By neermar
      Good day gents. I'm looking for a way to overclock my GTX 970m 3Gb pass the +135Mhz limit. After some research (presumably) i need an unlocked vBios. Please help if you can

My stock bios is attached. Thanks a lot

GM204.rom

• By Olavi697
      Is it worth overclocking 780m, just so i can run witcher 3 1080p highsetting?
    • By Gebbo
      Hey Guys and Tech Inferno Team,

i am following this Forum for quite some Time now, but unfortunatly i didnt took part in any Discussion as of yet. Which is kinda sad, because i don`t have the permission to download the unlocked VBios for my GPU to try out some things.
      So i am a noob here and hope you guys have some Mercy with me, since i don`t even know, if i`m posting this in the right (sub)forum.

I have this aging Dragon Edition: https://de.msi.com/Laptop/GT70_Dragon_Edition.html#hero-specification and i am trying to overclock my GPU (NV GTX 675MX 4GB) with MSI Afterburner but its locked at +135MHz Core Clock.
      So before i have the possibility to go higher (with unlocked VBios), i want to ask you guys some questions:

1. Is it worth to unlock my GPU to get some more FPS in Games? Has this Card some OC potential, or is it so minor to better not even try it? Maybe someone has tried to OC this GPU and can give some information about it.

2. What is the max Temperature this GPU can handle? Just to know, to better not raise Core Clock anymore.

3. Does raising the Memory Clock have any big impact on performance? Do i need to adjust the Memory Clock in order to the Core Clock? What is the max i can go for Memory Clock, since it doesn`t seem to be locked or im just to noobish.

4. Are there any Upgrade Kits out there, to change the GPU for lets say a GTX 980m or even a GTX 1080m? If it`s possible, can i change the CPU aswell? 

So much questions... i hope you guys can read it, since my english is not the best and that you don`t see this Thread like a spam. I am open for constructive criticism and any suggestions you can give. Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.