Help video card GT780DX

Roby1164

Hello everyone, new entry.
I have a problem, to my GT780DX and skipped the video card, GTX570M 3Gb, I searched and found a equal card used, but when I went to install it, no big deal, I do not understand why it arose, the system reports it as GTX 560 SE !!!! From what I understand, the SE are cards for desktop and not moving, but the problem that if I load the Nvidia driver, the screen goes black ...
Even using nvflash, the data that reports are of a 560 SE ....
How is it possible ?
In the pictures, you can see how it looks

Thank you and sorry for the mistakes, I do not speak English.
Roby

560SE.jpg

Immagine.jpg

20170302_174115.jpg

1 hour ago, Bloetschkopf said:

Very Easy,someone flashed the Vbios of the Desktopcard of GTX 560SE.

If You are lucky the Card will work right when You flash the MSI Vbios.

Who gave it to me, assured me that it is not made any changes to the VBIOS, and the laptop on which it was installed, it worked.
I tried to flash the VBIOS with the correct one, but does not accept it, I have tried both the one for which GTX570M for GTX560M, but always with negative results, flash not accepted ..... or some advice, I think I have done tuti the right steps, by removing the write protection, etc .. in fact, get to the point of writing, and returns me the VBIOS incorrect message.
If you know any possibility to force the vFlash, it would be nice, but I have many doubts, in addition to not understand how it could be possible something like that, and flashing a vbios incorrect .... :(

49 minutes ago, Bloetschkopf said:

Take the Dos Version of Nvflash on a bootable USB Stick.

Rename the Vbios in GTX570M and write after starting from USB:

nvflash -4 -5 -6 GTX570M.rom

Than confirm all,finish

Negative, is the proof that I have done ... that is the normal procedure, and returns the message, the VBIOS incorrect, not compatible ....
I also thought it was so simple ..... :(
Tomorrow morning, if I can, I will try to redo the procedure, photographing the screens, perhaps could be clearer.
Thank you

Since you've put me in doubt, I have already done the test, but this time, except that the write was performed, but nothing has changed ..
What I do not understand is that, as we see in the pictures that I attach, it seems that the two are equal Firmware (picture 1) while in the second, you see some strange information, such as the type of GTX560SE tab and then the warning !!!!
I do not understand where the problem !!!!

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Bios Modder
2 hours ago, Roby1164 said:

No Help me ??? :logik:

I recommend you read this:

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacking-nvidia-cards-into-their-professional-counterparts/

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacking-nvidia-cards-into-their-professional-counterparts/msg207550/#msg207550

Then just carefully compare the back sides of the both GPU boards, with a good magnifying glass. I think that one of small SMD resistor lost or crashed.

22 hours ago, Klem said:

I recommend you read this:

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacking-nvidia-cards-into-their-professional-counterparts/

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/hacking-nvidia-cards-into-their-professional-counterparts/msg207550/#msg207550

Then just carefully compare the back sides of the both GPU boards, with a good magnifying glass. I think that one of small SMD resistor lost or crashed.

I tried to control the board, but it is difficult without the proper tools, however, do not find any problem of damaged or missing. About me sold, ensures that did nothing, no OC or other, was installed on his PC, I think a GT60, but then replaced with another, I think with a 680m or 780m.

6 hours ago, Bloetschkopf said:

Take the GTX 570M Vbios on the Stick and flash it like before and type YES to confirm.

Then You confirm also the next Steps and it will flash the GTX 570M Vbios.

??? I already done the VBIOS flash with the firmware of GTX570M, but as you can see in the screen above, does not change anything ....... the system continues to see it as a GTX560SE ....

Edited by Roby1164

• Bios Modder

In any case Device ID on this card is set by a set of the hardware resistors. Via vbios modifications we can set only Vendor/Subvendor ID.

Edited by Klem

1 hour ago, Klem said:

In any case Device ID on this card is set by a set of the hardware resistors. Via vbios modifications we can set only Vendor/Subvendor ID.

OK thanks. So I think that those who sold me, he just gave me a rip off, :logik: , the card is probably damaged in some micro component, which I can not see .... not even knowing where to look, on this model. .... are so many and small ...: :)

What's interesting is that the card is running. It puts an image on the screen. It does work.

Clevo systems flip out when the device ID in vBIOS does not match the device ID reported by the hardware. MSI systems probably don't like it either, which could explain your problems when installing a driver. We could modify the vBIOS to have the same 560 SE device ID that the card reports, and then your card may run perfectly fine thinking it is a 560 SE.

Trying the above is just a guess though. It may completely brick the card, as it shouldn't be saying it's a 560 SE in the first place. If you want to try it though link your vBIOS here and I will change the device ID.

9 hours ago, Khenglish said:

What's interesting is that the card is running. It puts an image on the screen. It does work.

Clevo systems flip out when the device ID in vBIOS does not match the device ID reported by the hardware. MSI systems probably don't like it either, which could explain your problems when installing a driver. We could modify the vBIOS to have the same 560 SE device ID that the card reports, and then your card may run perfectly fine thinking it is a 560 SE.

Trying the above is just a guess though. It may completely brick the card, as it shouldn't be saying it's a 560 SE in the first place. If you want to try it though link your vBIOS here and I will change the device ID.

Yes, it works because basically the GPU is the same, and using the basic driver microsoft.
Excuse but english is not my strongest, and using Google traslator often talks remain unintelligible.
I ask you to attach the VBIOS?
Ok, I enclose what is downloaded from the card (GF114.rom) and also the original, downloaded from the network (MSI.GTX570M.1536.110623 .rom), which in reality are the same ...
GF114.rom

MSI.GTX570M.1536.110623.rom

Edited by Roby1164

Both of those images are identical.

Attached is the device ID changed to match the 560 SE.

I think this will work, but be warned. Clevo systems freeze on boot if the vBIOS and hardware reported device ID do not match. I'm thinking MSI systems just have driver issues like you are seeing, but if you card is by some unseen means reporting its ID correctly on boot and now it's running this modified vBIOS, it may brick with this vBIOS. In this case you will not be able to flash back if your system behaves like a Clevo and freezes on boot.

560SE_ID.rom

4 hours ago, Khenglish said:

Both of those images are identical.

Attached is the device ID changed to match the 560 SE.

I think this will work, but be warned. Clevo systems freeze on boot if the vBIOS and hardware reported device ID do not match. I'm thinking MSI systems just have driver issues like you are seeing, but if you card is by some unseen means reporting its ID correctly on boot and now it's running this modified vBIOS, it may brick with this vBIOS. In this case you will not be able to flash back if your system behaves like a Clevo and freezes on boot.

560SE_ID.rom

I thank you for the help, but I have a doubt !!
Firmware loading this VBIOS, what Combia in dirver level? Now, the system detects it already as a GTX560SE, but, with the nvidia driver, stops working.
I do not think changing a number, can solve the problem, or am I wrong?

Since I'm waiting for the arrival me, the exp GDC dock, wanting to try to mount a GTX970 G1 Gigabyte , external, should arrive this week, then later, maybe I'll try this VBIOS, at least, if there are problems, I will always have the system alternative video ....

Upgrade as soon as possible
Thank you
Roby

Edited by Roby1164

I explained why the hardware reported ID and the vBIOS reported ID must be the same in my previous post, but this may have been lost in the translator.

To repeat, other laptops will refuse to even boot if the two IDs do not match, so having them match is critical.

16 minutes ago, Khenglish said:

I explained why the hardware reported ID and the vBIOS reported ID must be the same in my previous post, but this may have been lost in the translator.

To repeat, other laptops will refuse to even boot if the two IDs do not match, so having them match is critical.

Ok sorry, my fault that does not know English

3 hours ago, Roby1164 said:

Test carried, loaded firmware, but nothing has changed, how do I install the Nvidia driver, the screen stops working before the usual stripes of color, then black .....

If the modified vBIOS did not fix installing the driver then I am out of ideas, sorry.