HP dv7-2185dx + gtx980, EXP-GDC V8.4d+express card, and custom acrylic case

Successful implementation on HP like in title, had bit of trouble but setup1.35 came with help and lot's of reading as was getting error43, Well now it's working perfect  I won't tell how much I did scored in banchmarks as it's irrelevant to me but I will tell u you however what games and what settings are set on them @ 1080P on external display , fallout4: ultra , witcher3: ultra ,dark souls3: max , farcray primal: only high as frame rate drops below comfy lever and i get this crazy flickering otherwise ( I think card is just to slow) , bus usage in all cases is max 80% according to gpu-z . Made as well custom acrylic case as in attached photos, temps. in side do not go over 60*C and fan speed does not go over ~40% according to gpu-z ,  and when judging case keep in mind that is first time I have made something acrylic  ;)

20170303_105804.jpg

20170303_105821.jpg

20170303_105829.jpg

20170303_105843.jpg

20170303_112151.jpg

IMG_1171.JPG

Edited by misiozol
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Gpuz is showing regular gtx980 OC card has been overclocked with custom bios as well, not much to show there, about benchmarks not done any as was no need everything is working as it should , unless u have any particular in mind then can do one or two ;)

Edited by misiozol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/10/2017 at 9:09 PM, misiozol said:

Some update , after multiple PSU failures decided to go with xbox360 PSU it has 16.2A and works perfect for this setup 

misiozol 

How did you conect the xbox power suply, to which port on the  EXP-GDC V8.4 did u conect it 12v jack or the 8 pin, from which xbox was te suply and can u send some new photos...?

• 2 weeks later...

What I did was to use old xbox removed socket and made with socket , can snap few photos but they will no not give any visualization as did made it with mosfet  for egpu to operate it and all is encapsulated with hot glue , you can can do it with simple switch there are tons of pinouts for xbox PSU bit of soldering and common sense will do the job ;) , is connected to 8pin as jack is no good for providing 16A , simple cut and connect , PSU is from first xbox360 easy to spot as it say on it 16.2A :D

Edited by misiozol

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...