Cooler Master Elite 130 power switch

Hi, I'd like to use the Cooler Master Elite 130 case to build an eGPU. I would not like to use the paper clip trick in order to run it, but rather use the enclosure's original push button to power it on.

To be more precise: A short press on the front panel power button should permanently connect PS_ON to GND.

My idea would be to use a relay module to connect PS_ON to GND using the 5V standby current.

Would that work or is there any other solutions for that?

I saw other people recommending the swex atx but I haven't found any sources of information whether the desired push button behaviour would work; moreover, the swex atx seems not so easily available, found none on amazon/ebay.

Switching off would be done then over the Akitio Thunder2 and the Mac Mini attached to the whole thing.

Thank you in advance for any hints!

Michael

Edited by wondermike