• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
BeeloBear

Y50 UHD BIOS Unlock Request(I want to up my refresh rate from 48 Hz)

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone!

I would like to unlock the BIOS on my laptop. The refresh rate cap is really bothering me and I feel I can't unlock my machines full potential. Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

System Info:  https://www.sendspace.com/file/4helar

Edited by BeeloBear
Necessary information

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By aaurnab
      My system
      15.6" Lenovo Thinkpad P50 20EN

i7-6700HQ 2.6Ghz CPU
      40GB RAM 2133mhz ddr4,
      Win 10 x64
      BPlus PE4L-EC060A 2.1b eGPU adapter
      GTX 960 DDR5 4GB
      350 W power supply result as attached pictures...

facing with windows crashing initially, updating driver problem solved... no 1.3 setup needed,
      from bios discreet graphics selected otherwise system will not start....
      1st have to install intel driver, then quadro driver, Plug PE4L, will be noticed new graphics adapter, then install latest Nvidia driver, mine is 378.49, 

That's it...

• By Officer Winters
      Hey guys just bought a Lenovo Y510P about 2 weeks ago and I still haven't been able to enjoy it without getting a fire extinguisher ready
      So I have been reading about its faults and what I can do to help ease them. So far it's been a education. I have the 3.05 mod bios, spring mod, new thermal pads, paste and cut holes for the fans.
      The thing I am trying to figure out is I can see if gpu-z that one of my GPUS have the [MODDED] next where is says the bios version. Can't distinguish weather its the built in GPU or ultra bay.
      My money is on the one thats built in. So with that said (might get corrected) but lets say all thats left is to flash and mod the bios on the ultra bay gpu. When I try to save my bios in GPU-Z I get an error
      with some research its a mobile gpu and thus wont save my bios. I am a little confused on the instructions on how to flash that gpu's bios and what steps I need to take in order to under-volt them.
      I am able to under-volt one of them assuming its the one that says modded next to it.  I am a complete noob when it comes to this stuff but charting into unknown territory is well...lets just say challenging.
      If someone can please give me a detailed guide on what do to I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Joe. 
    • By yugioh
      Hello, 

Lenovo system update installed an update. Also my wifi was unstable so I downloaded the official intel update tool and tried to install the new driver for the wifi. The intel driver installer tried to install the new driver but it was unsuccessful and said reboot required before installing the driver, I rebooted the Z510. Then after reboot it automatically went to the bios. and I exited not saving the changes. 
      ... and black screen.
      I don't even get the lenovo logo. NOVO button cause black screen too.
      What I have done: 
      - opening the laptop and unplugging the battery and holding the power button for 15 second and turning it on with AC adapter
      - changing the ram 
      - removing the hard drive
      - replacing the laptop monitor with another 
      - plugging external monitor and try it 

not luck  
      Also, when I turn it on I noticed that the backlight of the screen blinks approximately every 2 seconds, as if it is some kind of corrupted boot loop. 

please help me I am student and I need my computer and I do not have money to buy a new one at the moment

If you need more information please don't hesitate to ask,
      I really appreciate your help,

• By iQ. Honeywell
      Can i replace the wifi pcie slot with an adapter for an pcie graphicscard?

or is it whitelisted and i have to unlock the bios?
      if yes then pls a tutorial...
      thank you
    • By iQ. Honeywell
      I have an lenovo z710...
      i5 4200m
      GT 740m

can i use the pcie port on mainboard to put my adapter for and pcie Graphics Card in?
      have my bios been unlocked?
      have the wireless lan card in pcie port locked?
      how can i unlock the bios?