Code 43, EXP GDC v8 HP dv7-2185dx + gtx980, desparate here HELP

misiozol

So have issue here my setup is win7 x64 HP laptop dv7-2185dx quadcore 2.0ghz Q9000 with integrated radeon hd4650 . So my issue is as follows, have 2 models of exp-gdc beast v8.4d newest and bit older v8.3e both reacting the same with error43 either with mpcie or express card slot. Have older card radeon hd29xx works flawlessly on both of them with expresscard or mpcie NO error43, so I think setup is working with this laptop . When I install GTX980 by MSI getting code 43

Have tried so far, PSU is excluded as have tried 2 different ones

Have 2 models of EXP-GDC they react same way so hardware wise they are OK including cables.

All sort of nvidia drivers from 344.11 to 372.54 always cleaning with DDU

Putting laptop to sleep and waking up

Switching selection times

Messing with bios all sort of combination as bios is fully unlocked , and brings no effect .

Forgot to add that in timer setting set to OFF have a black screen and laptop will not boot up

And for any one out there device works flawlessly on dell D630 + gtx980 :) as just did tested on my old laptop .

Is there any modded drivers or any sort of trickery to get this to work on HP ?

Edited by misiozol

For the first time connecting egpu, I suggest that you plug to external display. You need to mod nvdia driver+dsdt override+ setup 1.x to connect it on internal display. Don't forget that HP's notebook have whitelist, pci card is better.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

Is there a link to section how to mod driver ?, as I'm only interested in displaying on external display .  Yes bios is modded and fully unlocked , did try to connect it it makes no effect .

BTW. thx for replying :)

Edited by misiozol

External display is no need much configuration. Just plug your egpu to external display and install the driver. Please check it in the device manager, if you get error 12, you need to do DSDT override. Just type "dsdt override" in this search column. Or check it on youtube.

In bios, please enable hot plug. Modded driver is for internal display, you need selective to choose right driver. For example, I suggest that you choose 361.75 nvidia driver that confirm optimuz work fine. Just watch youtube, I'll be back where I save my link. I'm so sorry.

• 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.