My system

15.6" Lenovo Thinkpad P50 20EN

i7-6700HQ 2.6Ghz CPU

40GB RAM 2133mhz ddr4,

Win 10 x64

BPlus PE4L-EC060A 2.1b eGPU adapter

GTX 960 DDR5 4GB

350 W power supply result as attached pictures...

facing with windows crashing initially, updating driver problem solved... no 1.3 setup needed,

from bios discreet graphics selected otherwise system will not start....

1st have to install intel driver, then quadro driver, Plug PE4L, will be noticed new graphics adapter, then install latest Nvidia driver, mine is 378.49, 

That's it...

Cpu core i7.png

GPU-Z GTX 960.gif

GTX 960+PE4L 2.1b Thinkpad P50.PNG

Edited by aaurnab

Actually yes, but it shows two GPU in Device panels..... my laptop set to Discreet GPU and eGPU is disconnect now..

Capture.PNG

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By johnny27284
      Hi everyone, can someone help me out please? If I purchase the 
      Tech|Inferno Elite - Tier I  
      6.00 USD
      Will I be able to download immediately or will i have to wait, thanks in advance.
    • By Konos Vita
      Hello everyone!

I have been going all over internet (well ok, let's not exaggerate) trying to find how to unlock the bios on an old Lenovo G500 with an i5-3230M processor.
      I did try to check if there is any updated bios but that's not the case.
      I also tried using Intel's Extreme Tuning Utility but it looks like I am locked out of any changes.
      I would love to disable Intel boost (3.2 Mhz) and set my actual frequency beyond 2.6Mhz where it stands now and raise it to (say) 2.9 Mhz and see if the stress tests allow for that (temperature-wise).
      Also, I would like to try some gradual undervoltage (if any of you have managed something in this regard, I would love it if you could share the details).

Beyond that, I have a crappy Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU and I am almost certain I cannot get anythin more from it, but still would love any tips (if any, which I doubt tbh).

Finally, I have added two 4 Gb Gskillz DDR3 and I was wondering if there is any point of changing their clock frequencies.

By the way, this is my first post here, so I am eagerly awaiting to see what this community is all about!

Cheers,
      Konos Vita
    • By High_Voltage
      In case you own a Lenovo Y410p or Y510p laptop, you might be interested in upgrading its performance by installing an external graphics card. Ultrabay eGPU adapter designed by @gerald was proven to be a convenient plug-and-play option to do exactly that. However, for a long time only an AMD-branded GPUs could be used due to limitations in the Lenovo's stock BIOS. The purpose of the modified firmware presented here is to expand the range of available GPUs by enabling Nvidia support on Gerald's Ultrabay eGPU adapter.

Huge thanks to:
      @MWichni - For efficiently assisting me during the development of this mod. By flashing dozens of BIOS builds over the course of several weeks and thoroughly describing the effects observed (or the lack thereof), he enabled me to fully understand necessary parts in BIOS structure and come up with a final solution. @svl7 - Whose unlocked BIOS / Whitelist mod has served as a basis for this modification. His discovery of a security hole in V2.07 BIOS has provided us with a convenient BIOS flashing method that does not require a physical programmer. The Unlocked BIOS and WLAN whitelist mods originally designed by him are also implemented in this BIOS mod. @gerald - For designing the aforementioned adapter. Without it, all this work would make very little sense.  
      Key features:
      Resolves the "40-second reboot" issue normally encountered while using Nvidia graphics cards with Ultrabay eGPU adapter, thus allowing all Nvidia cards to be used. Based on the latest V3.08 BIOS. Includes Svl7's WLAN whitelist removal mod - for the convenience of aftermarket WLAN card users. Includes Svl7's BIOS debug menu mod - for the ease of experimentation with newly available features, e.g. attempting to use Nvidia Optimus to pass eGPU video back to laptop's display.  
      NB! Svl7's Debug Menu is not a toy! It contains a lot of options that are either not supported or partially supported by the hardware platform and/or can disturb its normal operation or prevent the PC from booting up at all. Any of the entries not originally present in the stock BIOS should be modified at your own risk!

DISCLAIMER:
      ANY MODIFICATIONS YOU ARE APPLYING TO YOUR HARDWARE ARE PERFORMED AT YOUR OWN RISK! AUTHOR OF THIS MOD DOES NOT HOLD ANY LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE RELATED TO USING THIS SOFTWARE.

Screenshots:

Installation instructions:

If things don't go right:

Error 43:
      If you intend using the GTX10XX-series Nvidia card as the eGPU (which you probably do), you are very likely to encounter the infamous Error 43 in Windows Device Manager. This is a widely known issue in the eGPU community and is not related to this particular mod in any way. Following this guide thoroughly will in most cases resolve the Error 43 issue.

Download:
      Get your copy here!

P.S.:
      Version of this mod for Lenovo Y400/Y500 models is coming soon!

• By Bumcha
      Hello Guys,

If anyone is having BIOS config issues like if you changed an option then saved and the laptop won't start, i'll give you some steps to follow to reset the BIOS on a Lenovo Y50-70.
      ***FYI: I haven't tried this on any other Lenovo laptop so feel free to try it.***

WARNING: *****For this steps i recommend a 2nd person to tell you when the laptop power cycles on and off for a few seconds on a couple of the steps below.*****

-Step 1: Open up the laptop and unplug the AC Charger, CMOS Battery, Laptop Battery and RAM Modules.

-Step 2: With everything UNPLUGGED, press and HOLD the Power button for 30 seconds.

-Step 3: Connect the AC Charger to the laptop and turn it on, at this point the laptop should turn on and turn off every 3~5 seconds, leave it like that so you can know the interval of time that you have.

-Step 4: While it's OFF, quickly connect the CMOS Battery, wait for it to turn on and off again.

-Step 5: While it's OFF again, quickly connect 1 RAM Module, wait for it to turn on and it should give you the "Lenovo" BIOS logo at this point. *You can wait until it reaches Windows to turn it off or just press the power button.

-Step 5: IF you're good, you can proceed to leave it OFF and connect the other RAM Module and the Laptop Battery.

-Step 6: Close your laptop undertray and power on and make sure to setup your BIOS once again because this will load bios defaults.

Credits: To a great dude in the Lenovo Forums on a post that was buried deep there and thanks god i found it, hehe. ☺
    • By Mountain
      I was looking to open up my y50-70 and replace the thermal compound with liquid metal, but I can't find any information on the heat sink. I know you can't use LM on an aluminum heatsink, so how do I find this info? Didn't see it in the user manual- does anybody know if it is safe to use liquid metal on this heatsink?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.