Sager 9150 (P150EM) and GTX 970M

ssassassa9

Hey folks, I'm installed a GTX 970M in my Sager 9150 and flashed both Premamod BIOS v2 and vBIOS v2. Modded the .inf of nvidia newest driver 378.66 and managed to install it. However, I cannot get the dGPU to run. I made sure the applications that I was trying to run was configured to use Nvidia in Nvidia control panel. Any idea what's going on with it?

Did you use the non gsync vbios?

Also try the global setting to use the dGPU in NV ctrl panel just in case, sometimes the Optimus settings don't detect game exes launched from launcher exes properly

5 minutes ago, bennyg said:

Did you use the non gsync vbios?

Also try the global setting to use the dGPU in NV ctrl panel just in case, sometimes the Optimus settings don't detect game exes launched from launcher exes properly

Yeap, tried that too. Could it be the drivers? I just followed some random .inf modding guide. Is there a modding guide that I should follow?

On 3/3/2017 at 5:29 PM, T6nn_k said:

150em should be same as 170em, on mine I can only use nvdispi.inf mod from laptopvideo2go until driver version 368.81 being the 368.69 the best performance driver under this conditions.

Latest driver 378.72 seems to be equally good but same as you I could not activate the 970m with only tha modded inf. I had to use the modded infs from J95 in this thread:

368.69 dx11 + dx12 working (dx12 < dx11 though) , vulkan fails

378.72 dx11 working, dx12/vulkan fail 

Any driver between 368.81 and 378.66 have garbage performance and I strongly advise against using unless in very specific game or scenario.

If anyone has better ways to set this up on a p15/70em+970m that keep performance up and enable all APIs please share because I've yet to see. 

Edit:

Solved

Edited by j3tstream
Solved