From the past, an XPS M140.

Galane

I have an old XPS M140 laptop with a thin, green line down the right of the 1280x800 display. Looks to be one pixel wide. Were there different resolutions available? If so, what was the highest?

I've maxed the RAM to 2 gig. Tried 3 but with a 2 gig under the keyboard it read it as 1 gig. With the 2 gig in the bottom it got funky colored blocks on the screen. Looks like that's where it puts the video memory.

Next, I'd like to restore the Media Direct partition but I don't have the disc and haven't been able to find one anywhere, not even the part number for the disc. All I find are ones for Media Direct 3 or later, this needs 2.0.

I'm not going to try using anything but XP Media Center 2005 on it. I have service manual DVDs for 90's and early 2000's cars that only work properly on XP and this small laptop is ideal for taking to the cars. I can use it with the line on the display but not having it would be nicer.

Last thing, the click is gone from the left button. Still works but often works inadvertently and the button is wobbly. Is that fixable without replacing the mainboard?