M17X R1 5870M Crossfire questions

akimitsui

Hello, as you can tell my machine is pretty old but I still use it regularly. I just have 2 questions about this if anyone can help:

1. Is there any way to get the 5870M's running in Crossfire under Windows 10? In Windows 7 it's fairly easy to do as you just install the original Dell drivers, enable crossfire, and then you can install the latest drivers on top. In Windows 10 Even if you install the original Dell drivers, the 2nd card just is not recognized. Is there any way to get the second card recognized?

2. I saw that there was a 6870m bios available to be flashed on the 5870m. Would that solve the issue? 

• 2 months later...
On 2/28/2017 at 2:53 PM, akimitsui said:

Hello, as you can tell my machine is pretty old but I still use it regularly. I just have 2 questions about this if anyone can help:

1. Is there any way to get the 5870M's running in Crossfire under Windows 10? In Windows 7 it's fairly easy to do as you just install the original Dell drivers, enable crossfire, and then you can install the latest drivers on top. In Windows 10 Even if you install the original Dell drivers, the 2nd card just is not recognized. Is there any way to get the second card recognized?

Window 10 i wouldnt use on r1 it seem to have alot of issues unlike window 7... FOr me anyways and maybe not I have issues sli with window 10 now

On 2/28/2017 at 2:53 PM, akimitsui said:

2. I saw that there was a 6870m bios available to be flashed on the 5870m. Would that solve the issue? 

no at least i dont think ill look into it and see