[Solved] 2015 13" MBP issues resolving Code 12 (Thunder2 and MSI RX460 2GB)

dfgged

So I have tried everything on this forum to try and resolve the dreaded code 12 error. I've got a DSDT override working, I've tried all manners of booting with/without it plugged in, I've got rEFIt installed and am running the startup.nsh script. Im not really sure what else to try.

Running Windows 10 on Bootcamp

It kind of works in macOS, but not well. It's detected in About This Mac, but when I plug it in, I get a lot of visual artifacts and tearing on screen. Anyone have any advice?

EDIT: With some help from another a user at another forum, I've solved my issue.

Edited by dfgged
solved it!

• 1 month later...

I have a 2013 15″ MBPr with GT 750m discrete graphics running Mac OS 10.12.4. I had a successful eGPU build with a GTX 750ti; however, rendering benefits weren’t substantially better in numerous Mac OS apps. Is it possible to enable a RX 460 through eGPU? I was able to get the automate.sh to recognize the RX 460, but after reboot, no RX 460 eGPU. What am I missing? Any help is appreciated!

Would you be able to share your steps to get it to work on Mac OS? Thanks.