• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
unrealmitch

14" DELL 5430 + RX 480[8GB]@4Gbps EC2 (EXP GDC V8.4d) + Win10 [UnrealMitch]

5 posts in this topic

First, hello! Although I am new here, I have been a long time following this forum, and without all of you this hasn't been possible,so thank you!

• System:
    • Hardware
      • Dell 5430 14"
      • Core i5 3320M
      • 8GB RAM (1x1600Mhz)
      • iGPU Intel HD 4000
  • Software
    • Win 10 Pro 64-bit Versión 10.0.14393 [UEFI]
    • GPU Driver AMD Radeon 17.2.1 (non-whql)
  • EGPU
  • Configuration
    • Just connect the egpu to PC via ExpressCard (PSU ON & PC Off), turn on the PC, and GPU was detected and it worked. [PTD: Off]
  • Others:
    • With 16.12.2 Drivers have some better performance, but my screen blinks sometimes
    • Freesync works well
    • This test have some OC to have similar performance that with whql drivers
    • Video demo:  

• Hardware Info:
    • Spoiler

GPUz & CPUz:

A8LlpQO.png   EAYNB3f.png

HWInfo (GPU & CPU)

asUX89Z.png

HWInfo (GPU)

K7SmpOo.png

HWInfo (Bus GPU)

ka9sSbz.png

AMD Config:

fmQA1iK.png

8JY2Aia.png

i6xuH9G.png

• TEST & BenchMark
    • 3DMark TimeSpy 1.0 3242 (GPU:3920) http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/18115631
    • 3DMark FIRE STRIKE 1.1 7375 (GPU:12996) http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/18115814
    • Ungine Heaven 4.0 [Basic]: 3025 [Extreme]: 1495
    • Ungine Valley 1.0 [Extreme HD]: 1933
    • Games [FRAPS - 5Min ingame]:
    • Game [1080] FPS AVG FPS Min FPS Max Config
      The Witcher 41.66 28 52 Ultra
      GTA V 23.66 13 38 Maximun Setting [Mod Cars]
      GTA V 32.2 20 72 High
      Skyrim 59 35 63 Ultra [Mod ENB Photorealistic]

• Screenshots Bench:
    Spoiler

fpvQ929.png

ItHeR3h.png

gMEyk0b.png

vaGxqub.png

xThelkV.png

Edited by unrealmitch

great results. Dell e5430 is a cheap laptop and it can provide very good results with EGPU. Wonder if E5430 can handle i7 quad core?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, alternal_steam said:

great results. Dell e5430 is a cheap laptop and it can provide very good results with EGPU. Wonder if E5430 can handle i7 quad core?

I'm not sure ... you can use till i7-3940XM (3Ghz- 3.9Ghz Turbo), although the problem here are the temperatures, laptop can't handle the TDP of this CPU (55W vs the 35W of 3320M), maybe can handle i7-3635QM (45W) with some throttling. I think that all i7 with 35W of TDP, it's just dual core. And now I have the i5 with a bit of OC and reach the 90, so I guess that it can't handle a quad-core without throttling (at least, without mods).

Edited by unrealmitch

1 hour ago, alternal_steam said:

i7 3612qm is 35w. Go ahead for it.

Wow nice! And it isn't so expensive, i found by 125€ - 120$, sounds good! But I bought other laptop last week :sad:. I'll give the laptop to my brother, so maybe he want change it.