Acer 4750g can DIY EGPU 1050 nvidia?

godlike flash

System Specs:

acer 4750g: i5 2410m, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 520M dGPU, Win 7 64bit, mpcie interface.

EXP GDC Beast 8.0, with an zotac 1050, connected through the mpcie interface, powered by a 96W 12V DC power supply. Using the Nvidia 375.63 drivers (Which seem to be the only 1050/TI driver that doesn't give a Code 43 Error, thanks to jimteo for sharing that).

The 375.63 drivers installed without any trouble, didn't need to modify anything. Device Manager detects the 1050 without any errors, as well as HWInfo, GPU-Z, and the Nvidia Control Panel. However, I can't seem to be able to set the 1050 as the main GPU to be used. I've tried setting it as the Physx Processor in the Nvidia Control Panel, as well as setting it to be used for CUDA, but games and 3DMark11 still uses the dGPU (NVS 5200M). I've tried disabling the NVS 5200M in Device Manager, but everything starts using the Intel HD iGPU instead. Can someone please explain to me how to set things to use the 1050?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, this is the first time I'm trying an eGPU setup.

Thanks

Success :D. Last time I tried disabling the dGPU in Device Manager, but programs would then use the iGPU instead of the eGPU. This time I disabled the PCI Express Root Port in Device Manager, which includes disabling the dGPU, and programs are now running with the eGPU (Thank you to dani29m for this method). Just tried the Witcher 3, the card is running at x1 2.0, bus usage peaked at 91%, but mostly sat at around 60-70%. Hot-Plug also works fine (using ExpressCard). Gonna run FireStrike now, will post the results here once done. All of this is through the laptop's internal LCD, so I guess there'll be a performance hit from that.

Benchmark results:

4774 in Fire Strike, and 1807 in Time Spy, both using the internal LCD. Will try and benchmark with an external monitor later on.

• 3 years later...
On 2/28/2017 at 8:10 AM, godlike flash said:

System Specs:

acer 4750g: i5 2410m, 4GB Ram, Nvidia 520M dGPU, Win 7 64bit, mpcie interface.

EXP GDC Beast 8.0, with an zotac 1050, connected through the mpcie interface, powered by a 96W 12V DC power supply. Using the Nvidia 375.63 drivers (Which seem to be the only 1050/TI driver that doesn't give a Code 43 Error, thanks to jimteo for sharing that).

The 375.63 drivers installed without any trouble, didn't need to modify anything. Device Manager detects the 1050 without any errors, as well as HWInfo, GPU-Z, and the Nvidia Control Panel. However, I can't seem to be able to set the 1050 as the main GPU to be used. I've tried setting it as the Physx Processor in the Nvidia Control Panel, as well as setting it to be used for CUDA, but games and 3DMark11 still uses the dGPU (NVS 5200M). I've tried disabling the NVS 5200M in Device Manager, but everything starts using the Intel HD iGPU instead. Can someone please explain to me how to set things to use the 1050?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, this is the first time I'm trying an eGPU setup.

Thanks

Success :D. Last time I tried disabling the dGPU in Device Manager, but programs would then use the iGPU instead of the eGPU. This time I disabled the PCI Express Root Port in Device Manager, which includes disabling the dGPU, and programs are now running with the eGPU (Thank you to dani29m for this method). Just tried the Witcher 3, the card is running at x1 2.0, bus usage peaked at 91%, but mostly sat at around 60-70%. Hot-Plug also works fine (using ExpressCard). Gonna run FireStrike now, will post the results here once done. All of this is through the laptop's internal LCD, so I guess there'll be a performance hit from that.

Benchmark results:

4774 in Fire Strike, and 1807 in Time Spy, both using the internal LCD. Will try and benchmark with an external monitor later on.

Hello, im trying to use msi gtx 750ti using exp gdc beast and have follow all these steps but mu laptop wont boot and the screen just showing some garbage/artifact display.i am using aspire 4750g, same system spec as you.do you know how to fix this problem? 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.