• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arschgesicht

[Request] W870CU, GTX 680M and Bios

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have bought a Clevo 680M with 29 vBios, but my W870CU refuses to detect it, in Bios it says: VGA Card: Unkown. It boots, but shuts down after ~1:30 mins, and after 1 minute blinking touchlights.

Is there a way to get it working?

Clevo 680m - 80.04.29.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip

Bios.rar

Edited by arschgesicht

I would like to know if @Prema knows how to do this? Are you able to mod the original bios to allow this card? I would be so happy to get it working :frantics:

Since a 7970M is somehow working in this unit, then a 680m should be also fine.

Edited by arschgesicht

I have another idea how to get it working, but I don't know if that works:

I could change in the graphics bios the vid and pid, so for example it gets recognized as a 485M, maybe that would work. Next thing would be getting the drivers working ..

That would be easier, as of now I could not open the mainboard bios for editing, it's a shame that clevo locked down the bios that way..

Edit: nibitor doesn't work for that card, so I cant change the vid and pid :yawn:

Edited by arschgesicht

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Flu
      What is up. Emailed Sager about latest bios and they sent me one. Suppose to provide support for Kabby lake 7XXX series processors as well as optimization for crappy WIFI cards that aka (cough cough KILLER) le'ts not point fingers here XD. File is below. Gotta flash through USB... there are plenty tutorials out there how to do but here are instruction from the email I got.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_Ud_l2en4O0MGw0WWJCaXFUS0E

Rename the attached file to 9870BV08LS2.7z(Done it for you already)

Unzip the 9870BV08LS2.7z to a USB flash drive.

Restart Windows.

When the screen turns black, keep tapping F7.

Select enter setup on the boot menu.

Pull down the exit menu in the CMOS setup.

Launch EFI shell from filesystem device.

The Startup.nsh will flash the BIOS.
      Note. Sager Computer does not take the responsibility if the computer does not work after you updated the system BIOS & firmware by

yourself. ( Neither do I)

Enjoy

• By Chamim
      Hei guys !
      Really need help. I have notebook, motherboard CLEVO W240HU. the BIOS from American Megatrend Inc. When I'm trying to flash my bios. it said "Bios write-proected". How can I disabling it?
      Thanks
    • By faldinv
      Hello, i have barebone laptop MS-16F3. I buy this from computer seller company with brand name Forsa. I think this company just import this laptop and rebrand it. The real name is Rabook Firebook F640.

Okay, i want to ask, can i update my BIOS Laptop with MSI GT60 BIOS? Because i can use the driver for MSI GT60.

Sorry for the bad english, thanks for respond
    • By Raider480
      I posted about this over here, but that has not gained much traction, so I figured that this might be a better place to ask. The full details are in the Reddit post, in case I forget something here, but essentially, I am having trouble with what appears to be a CPU TDP throttle restricting my 3920xm overclock when the package power reaches 55W.
      My specs are:
      System: M17x R4 CPU: 3920xm GPU: GTX 980m RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit (MBR/legacy boot with Optimus) PSU: 330W BIOS: A11 Unlocked  
      No matter what multiplier I set in the BIOS or Intel XTU for any combination of 1, 2, 3, or 4 cores active (currently trying 42x for all) my CPU still throttles back to 3.6GHz under a benchmark. Moderate loads of around 50% see a max ratio of 40x~41x but still not meeting the overclock I set. Under a full load at 3.6GHz my CPU is only reaching about 88º C with both an upgraded CPU fan and a repaste, so I don't think that thermal throttling is causing this trouble at the moment.

ThrottleStop lights up the "TDP Throttle" indicator when this happens, and looking under TPL shows that ThrottleStop is reading a Turbo Boost power limit of just 55W (which is Intel's factory max). I do have "Turbo PWR Limit MSR Lock" disabled in my BIOS, and current limits maxed. To be fair, though, this BIOS is still very unfamiliar and difficult to navigate for me, so I could very well have incorrectly adjusted some values.

Is there a way to force the (Turbo) TDP limit higher than 55W? Is my system actually capable of sending more power than this to the CPU? Is there maybe something wrong with my CPU that causes it to ignore my BIOS settings?
    • By yugioh
      Hello, 

Lenovo system update installed an update. Also my wifi was unstable so I downloaded the official intel update tool and tried to install the new driver for the wifi. The intel driver installer tried to install the new driver but it was unsuccessful and said reboot required before installing the driver, I rebooted the Z510. Then after reboot it automatically went to the bios. and I exited not saving the changes. 
      ... and black screen.
      I don't even get the lenovo logo. NOVO button cause black screen too.
      What I have done: 
      - opening the laptop and unplugging the battery and holding the power button for 15 second and turning it on with AC adapter
      - changing the ram 
      - removing the hard drive
      - replacing the laptop monitor with another 
      - plugging external monitor and try it 

not luck  
      Also, when I turn it on I noticed that the backlight of the screen blinks approximately every 2 seconds, as if it is some kind of corrupted boot loop. 

please help me I am student and I need my computer and I do not have money to buy a new one at the moment

If you need more information please don't hesitate to ask,
      I really appreciate your help,