Sign in to follow this  
arschgesicht

[Request] W870CU, GTX 680M and Bios

Hello,

I have bought a Clevo 680M with 29 vBios, but my W870CU refuses to detect it, in Bios it says: VGA Card: Unkown. It boots, but shuts down after ~1:30 mins, and after 1 minute blinking touchlights.

Is there a way to get it working?

Clevo 680m - 80.04.29.00.01 'OCedition' revised_01.zip

Bios.rar

Edited by arschgesicht

I would like to know if @Prema knows how to do this? Are you able to mod the original bios to allow this card? I would be so happy to get it working :frantics:

Since a 7970M is somehow working in this unit, then a 680m should be also fine.

Edited by arschgesicht

I have another idea how to get it working, but I don't know if that works:

I could change in the graphics bios the vid and pid, so for example it gets recognized as a 485M, maybe that would work. Next thing would be getting the drivers working ..

That would be easier, as of now I could not open the mainboard bios for editing, it's a shame that clevo locked down the bios that way..

Edit: nibitor doesn't work for that card, so I cant change the vid and pid :yawn:

Edited by arschgesicht

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By shogun
      Fellow Users, I kindly ask every owner of Clevo P170SM to share their experience with updating their system with Prema BIOS P170SM_34_31_PM_v2. I'm about to flash my P170SM BIOS too but I still need some info from You who have already done it with success. First of all, can anyone who successfully applied P170SM_34_31_PM_v2 share the checksum of the original Prema's "P170SM_34_31_PM_v2.rar" file?
    • By shogun
      premamod.com
      biosmods.wordpress.com
      premamod.wordpress.com
      techinferno.com/index.php?/profile/259-prema/&do=content&type=downloads_file

Which one of the above is the official website dedicated to Prema BIOS mod and why they all seem dead? Including the last one - according to TechInferno, Prema's last visit here was on Dec 2, 2016. Is Prema long done with creating custom firmware?
    • By smeetooie3
      Hi all,

I just installed a used 980m into my Alienware 17 R1, and I'm noticing benchmarks that are ~12% below what others are reporting online. I'm wondering if this is just meh hardware, if it's a vBIOS problem, or if it's a problem with my computer and not the card.

I noticed that the GPU is getting throttled under load... like, under any load. Here's the clock and temp during 3DMark Firestrike:

Here it is with the voltage as well:

The "perfcap" reason in GPU-Z is power.

Specs:

Alienware 17 R1
      i7 4900MQ
      4x4gb 1600Mhz
      Win10
      My card:

A pre-emptive thanks for any help.

• By amidsal
      Hi all,

I'm doing a small project to try to resurrect my GT783R (MS-16711) and I'd like some advice.
      I'd like to replace the video card as I suspect it is where lies the issue. When I went to eBay to look for spare cards, I noticed that a new GTX580M for Alienware costs around 130.00 while a pre-owned one for MSI costs about 250.00. After researching a bit, I found that the vbios from Alienware is not compatible with the one from MSI. So here is my question, is it possible to flash the MSI vbios into an Alienware card? I suspect so but I'd like confirmation from someone with experience.

Also, assuming it works, will flashing the vbios be the only procedure needed or do I have to do something else?

Peace,
      Amid
    • By GTMoraes
      Hello!

I think I have a Clevo W942SW rebranded as a Positivo Master N250i in Brazil. I'm pretty sure it's a Clevo W942SW because even some Clevo manuals about this model carries the "POSITIVO" brand in pictures. And everything else matches perfectly, as I could perceive.

Well, it has a "Aptio 4" BIOS from what I could see, and the stock BIOS is pretty damn locked up 

Here's what it looks like from the AFUWIN program:
      https://imgur.com/a/Vd71t

And here's the BIOS dump, I think:
      https://www.sendspace.com/file/zp0ywq

Any information would be very nice about if it's possible to unlock/mod this or not.
      Thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.