Anyone else experiencing problems with overwatch?

MrRare

Hi there,

So I am happily running my e-gpu setup with a exp gdc beast v8 and a r9 390 together with my laptop, a msi ge60 2pc apache from 2014. I had no issues relating to gaming whatsoever, until I tried playing Overwatch... the first month after getting this game were alright, some rendering device lost errors, and a few unexplainable(apparenty) texture glitches. Now recently, the rendering device has been lost error appeared not as frequent as before (before it happend every third game or so, but now it doesn't happen in days). Unfortunately though, my graphical texture glitches became worse. At first I wasn't really bothered by them, because it only happend in small areas once or twice during a game session of two hours. It didn't impact my framerate at all. Until last few weeks. Now it's happening in almost every game. I am not able to maintain my 60+fps frame rate on low either (used to have between 80 - 100, which is normal for these kind of gpu's). I am wondering if this is due to my e-gpu solution, and if someone else is experiencing/had experienced similar issues, which if he did, might have solved and is willingly to share the solution it with me :X.  I tried contacting blizzard through their customer service live chat (which is awesome, they are kind, and try to help you even though sometimes they lack knowledge). They didn't have a solution either (contacted them three times). 

As to an example of the glitches, I composed a Imgur post with about 115 occurrences, some are minor, but some make the game quit unpleasant:

http://imgur.com/a/zj3mN

Thanks in advance!

I can see those texture glitches very rarely (once per week) they look like gpu memory errors but never happen in other games so i dont care about them just restart the game when it happens.

Render device lost is connection lost between the gpu and your notebook.

You probably have that issue even if you just watch youtube and surf on the internet.

You can try gen1 speed, different psu, different adapter, downclock gpu etc. its really hard to debug that.

I still get 100+ fps on my custom ultra settings, 200+ on low with a 390x eGPU.

5 minutes ago, Doink said:

I can see those texture glitches very rarely (once per week) they look like gpu memory errors but never happen in other games so i dont care about them just restart the game when it happens.

Render device lost is connection lost between the gpu and your notebook.

You probably have that issue even if you just watch youtube and surf on the internet.

You can try gen1 speed, different psu, different adapter, downclock gpu etc. its really hard to debug that.

I still get 100+ fps on my custom ultra settings, 200+ on low with a 390x eGPU.

Thanks, I thought I was alone on this matter since noone else seemed to have issues. I understand the connection lost issue, and as mentioned rarely happening now. But the texture glitches are just really annoying. I wouldn't say that they are explicitly memory errors, as sometimes just completely different texture are loaded in, like text or other shapes. Sounds to me like overwatch tries to read a texture from memory from x adres expecting texture x to be returned but instead reads texture y, or partly.. I dunno. Shouldn't be happening tho, as no other game has these problems :(. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.