Lenovo Z70-80 eGPU compatible?

Syncroo

Hello. I have a Lenovo z70-80 laptop. i7-5500u (2.40GHz). 16GB ram. Nvidia 840m (I believe).

The laptop has done wonderful for all of my school CS projects, but I have recently started gaming and I notice a serious lack of graphics power (or to me). I have no experience with building computers, nor do know what many of the technical acronyms mean! I digress. I noticed I wasnt able to run games like rainbow 6 siege or H1z1:KOTK without putting the graphics to the lowest level possible. Even then siege was giving me 22fps when standing still. I also noticed that my Nvidia GPU was not being used. Instead my intel HD 5500 graphics (idk what it is man okay... im sorry!) was being used to process all of the graphics.  Long story short. I want to know if i could/should run an eGPU? is it even possible on this model? if so what should i look towards. also any other tips or suggestions are welcome! thank you. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.