Alienware 17 with upgraded GTX 980M issues

Hey guys, new to this site so please excuse me if there's an issue with this post. I just bought an Alienware 17 and the previous owner had replaced the original AMD card with a GTX 980M, which is great but I am having a hell of a time trying to get drivers to work properly. I am using the latest nVidia 378.49 with the modified .ini as shown here: http://null-bin.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/how-to-modify-nvidia-notebook-driver.html

Can anyone give me some ideas, the drivers seem to install fine but after a couple of minutes in a game, it will crash with a grey screen and windows will tell me that the application was blocked from using the GPU (btw this is in the "non-switched" graphics mode with the FN+F5 shortcut, I cant get anything to run on the 980M in the normal mode).

Any ideas? I used Section 244 and Section 246, same issues...Thanks in advance!

Hey man, yeah the temps seem to be OK (around 70c at full load I think, although I've not really been able to run it for very long given the issue). 

I didn't know you have to do both, but they have different sections for the graphics card? Which section do I use?

12 hours ago, maestro_jiang said:

I didn't know you have to do both,

The second came with a driver update after a big Windows 10 update.

The instructions you use are a bit old, that's the reason why there's only one id Group.

I always use section 033 and it worked for me in my M17x r4 with a 780M, 880M, 980M and 1060.